Anyone got an S.A.D light lamp.

Soldato
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with SAD light lamps. Im thinking of experimenting with one to see if it effects my mood, as lack of summers and working in a dark office is making me rather gloomy. Of course at roughly £120 a pop, if they are a con I don't want to bother.

Thanks.

Associate
my mum has one, she says it makes a lot of difference, and I would agree (she seems less depressed over winter etc) but it is quite hard to have an objective measure of this sort of thing...

it isn't just a light, it is full-spectrum light apparently (I don't know the details, just passing on what I've been told)

Soldato
OP
wow, thanks guys. Some help (last 2 comments) and some absolutely retarded comments. Why didn't i think of getting in the sun or standing under a standard light bulb. Must have had my eyes closed. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I haven't got a S.A.D. lamp, but I find my dawn simulator alarm clock does help in the dark winter mornings.

I've got one of the Philips dawn simulator clocks.
While it does (Sorry did) work great in winter, the unit has now stopped functioning properly and the light won't come on, or the alarm work. I've contacted them about a replacement or a repair, but they still haven't got back to me.

Though to be honest I'm not sure why I am bothering as it uses 100W light bulbs which will no longer be available and energy savers wont work in it.

Soldato
i've been thinking about buying an S.A.D. lamp recently, as i've suffered with it for years so the not so retarded comments have been helpful for me as well. thanks!

I did ask my doctor her opinion on them once and her reply was "i have no idea what you are talking about but i'm not prescribing you anti depressants" :confused:
(i didnt ask for them or want them so no idea why she said that! )

Soldato
wow, thanks guys. Some help (last 2 comments) and some absolutely retarded comments. Why didn't i think of getting in the sun or standing under a standard light bulb. Must have had my eyes closed. :rolleyes:

See we were trying to help the OP from spending money on a retarded product. Seems some people are more stupid than others. :rolleyes:

Soldato
i've been thinking about buying an S.A.D. lamp recently, as i've suffered with it for years so the not so retarded comments have been helpful for me as well. thanks!

I did ask my doctor her opinion on them once and her reply was "i have no idea what you are talking about but i'm not prescribing you anti depressants" :confused:
(i didnt ask for them or want them so no idea why she said that! )

Oooh a i know better than than my GP (who spent the best part of their life training) person. Congrats :D

Soldato
OP
See we were trying to help the OP from spending money on a retarded product. Seems some people are more stupid than others. :rolleyes:

Then use your brain and reply with a decent comment on why they are retarded, and not something that makes you look like you have no idea what your talking about.
So far you've posted nothing remotely helpful.

Soldato
Then use your brain and reply with a decent comment on why they are retarded, and not something that makes you look like you have no idea what your talking about.
So far you've posted nothing remotely helpful.

you know i would but the subject is way to much to put on here and medical advice is not allowed. Do some research. The principal is good but there is wayyyyy more to it than getting a lamp.

Back
Top Bottom