Anyone got any experience with IMF in Exchange 2003 SP2?

Soldato
Trying to get the Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) working properly in Exchange 2003 SP2.

Seems to be working in that the performance counters are going up and telling me that messages are being assigned SCLs but nothing whatsoever is getting redirected to the Junk E-Mail folder in users' mailboxes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Soldato
OP
Have left the gateway at 8 with "No Action" set for now.
The junk email is set at 7 and it's this that's not working. I can see from the performance counters that messages are being assigned SCLs, and equal to or higher than 7 in some cases, yet nothing seems to get redirected to the Junk E-Mail folders for some reason.

Associate
Its been a while since i touched it, but i think the outlook may need clients need to be in cached mode or active thier junkfiler worth having a look on google, what version of outlook are they using?

also drop the junk down a notch to 6 as its greater than rather than = so it should junk and that have a rating of greater than 6 which = 7

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well I found an article about setting a server-side "extended rule" in order for the junk filtering to work on the Exchange box. It said that the easiest way to check this was via OWA, and I've checked there and the junk filtering is ticked so the server side rule should be working.

Still, nothing in the junk folder :(

EDIT: Hang on - just started working! Maybe it just needed a little time to sort itself out :)

Last edited:
Soldato
you can integrate spam assassin into exchange 2003, much better than imf (well integrate maybe a bit stong but you can get the 2 working together)

Back
Top Bottom