Anyone got anything bad to say about Acronis products?

Associate
I am thinking of buying Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 and Acronis True Image Home 2010.

Does anyone have any bad experiences with these down to software issues rather than end-user accidents?

I am particularly interested in any adverse comments about the OS selection/Partition Hiding/Boot Management functions of the director suite.

Any good experiences out there as well?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I've only had good experiences with Acronis. There backup solutions generally geet good reviews online too.

RJC

RJC

Don
Been using Acronis True Image for a few years and don't have any complaints, just upgraded to 2010 from Acronis 10.

Associate
OP
disk director used to get flak, in fact i remember it losing a few partitions of mine lol

Thanks to all for comments so far.

Newbiejim - any idea what might be regarded as a good package nowadays with similar functionality to disk director.

I am still using Powerquest's old products quite happily on my oldish hardware and software but since they were taken over I think the products have effectively died.

Associate
I use Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 and Acronis True Image Home and I think they're excellent although I've not used TI Home 2010 much yet as I've only recently upgraded from 2009.

I use the disk director OS Selector with a three operating system multi-boot however certain operations within an operating system can disable or affect the boot selection, but that can easily be fixed by re-enabling the OS Selector.

Soldato
I use Acronis products but I have had a lot of issues with their products. Any True Image issues (it's got plenty of niggles) I've been able to resolve but with Disk Director I've had a few complete foul ups, one I specifically recall was a cluster size change that didn't work out.
One annoyance with TI is that the CD is Linux based and has poor hardware support compared to those that use a Windows PE.

Currently using TI 2010 and it's "Nonstop Backup" but I've not really used it enough to notice any performance impact or test restores. To be honest I'd probably switch away from Acronis but its speed is good and it ticks every box. None of the alternatives quite do everything I need.

Soldato
Thanks to all for comments so far.

Newbiejim - any idea what might be regarded as a good package nowadays with similar functionality to disk director.

I am still using Powerquest's old products quite happily on my oldish hardware and software but since they were taken over I think the products have effectively died.

I honestly couldnt say as I dont really use these type of products much (partitioning utils), Acronis True Image though for me has been very good though its not like I`ve used it exhaustively.

Associate
used true image in work experiance and thougt it was quite good, employer told me the wrong way to use it but i soon figured out how easy it was

Associate
I've tried paragon and acronis products, I found the paragon products worked much better when i needed to backup / restore servers at work, using network locations. We tried the acronis but it kinda just crapped out on us.

Having said that, I do use acronis for the local F11 restore facility; it saves loads of time and is good for purpose. :)

Don
acronis true image is godly

I don't see the point in using Disk Director when things like partedmagic are free, and more powerful

any time you're messing with partitions, always create a backup first, whatever software you're using

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

I normally use acronis but I have just downloaded a free version of macrium reflect, seems to work well and is compatible with windows 7

Back
Top Bottom