anyone had a parcel delivered that was not yours, but postman took a pic of it?

Soldato
I assume the post man was delivering a parcel to the OP but instead posted the wrong parcel through the letter box. Even then I still don't know how as he would have had to scan the label on the parcel in order to mark it as delivered and upload photo to the account.
I am a postman, we don't take photos of items delivered through the letter box and neither does any other company afaik...

Soldato
I am a postman, we don't take photos of items delivered through the letter box and neither does any other company afaik...

I got a rainforest parcel today and they took a photo of my front door to prove delivery:D

DPD took a photo of my parcel sitting in someone else's recycling wheelie bin as proof that it had been delivered to a 'safe place'. :D

Soldato
lol that's safe, because the occupants of that house probably wont see it in the bin
or did u get it back?

I got it back a few days later when the wheelie bin owner found it and brought it round. Just as well because Amazon did nothing about it and DPD were next to useless.

It had been delivered to the house opposite with the same number. It's a different street you see, we don't bother with that odds and evens nonsense round here.

Man of Honour
I got it back a few days later when the wheelie bin owner found it and brought it round. Just as well because Amazon did nothing about it and DPD were next to useless.

It had been delivered to the house opposite with the same number. It's a different street you see, we don't bother with that odds and evens nonsense round here.

Colour me slow, but I’m having difficulty seeing that, are the houses on your side divided from the houses opposite by a road?
If so, and I presume that it isn’t so, it seems strange that your street has a different name to the one with the houses opposite.
Also, I know quite a few streets in London where the numbers go 1,2,3,4,5,6, on one side, say up until 100, then eventually the houses opposite will start going back toward the start with 101, 102, 103 etc.

Soldato
Colour me slow, but I’m having difficulty seeing that, are the houses on your side divided from the houses opposite by a road?
If so, and I presume that it isn’t so, it seems strange that your street has a different name to the one with the houses opposite.
Also, I know quite a few streets in London where the numbers go 1,2,3,4,5,6, on one side, say up until 100, then eventually the houses opposite will start going back toward the start with 101, 102, 103 etc.

Yes there is a road in between, just a back street road, not a main road or anything. You wouldn't come down here unless you are accessing one of the properties on the street. The street opposite me where my parcel went to is named after the main-ish road it faces onto on the other side of it. My street is behind it with it's own name. Both streets are clearly signed at either end.

Associate
I had a parcel from MyHermes at the beginning of the month.

GPS evidence and Photo of the parcel in my letterbox... but no parcel in the house.
They claimed it was delivered, have tracking evidence it was delivered, and apparently investigated and was delivered.

Took up a claim with eBay, and 5 days later tracking is reactivated and the item was delivered for a second(!) time.

Joke of a company.

Man of Honour
Yes there is a road in between, just a back street road, not a main road or anything. You wouldn't come down here unless you are accessing one of the properties on the street. The street opposite me where my parcel went to is named after the main-ish road it faces onto on the other side of it. My street is behind it with it's own name. Both streets are clearly signed at either end.

I kind of get it, but as a retired London Black Cab driver, I think I’d have been tearing my hair out if someone hailed me and asked for that street, fortunately I still have way too much for a guy my age.

Soldato
In our street now we often get parcels "delivered" by them knocking the door,Nobody in so they put it on the door step,take a photo and off they go,Free for anyone to just pick up and walk off with.

I dont see how they think dropping it on the door step and taking a photo "as proof of delivery" is acceptable,Sure yes technically they have delivered it but leave it on a door step?

Tends to be other company's that are doing this though,the self employed type (myhermes)Not royal mail.

Problem is these days i suspect they're putting that much pressure on delivery's getting done in time,they have to cut corners,plus delivery drivers not wanting to do a re-visit.

Soldato
I'm a postman and we can take pics on the PDA's but only if we leave the package in a SAFE place as proof incase it goes missing then the customer cant make a claim.

Underboss
OP
update
so next day came, still no parcel, new one arrived Sunday late afternoon
so i popped the other parcel through the letterbox of the correct house

roll on to just now (Tuesday early evening)
a guy came to our door from 10 numbers below us, handed over my parcel that was supposed to be here on Saturday, been sat outside his house for 3 days

Back
Top Bottom