Anyone had their VISTA EXPRESS UPGRADE or ALTERNATE MEDIA Discs?

Associate
Hi guys

Just a quick thread to find out if people have been getting their vista express upgrade discs and how long the waiting time has been? the Moduslink website said my discs had been "shipped" on Feb 14th. Had no confirmation email etc, just looked on the web. I've been billed (twice! - yet to complain about that) and am still waiting for the discs...

Also, ordered alternate media for another vista and had the email from microsoft direct saying its been shipped, on the 15th of Feb. Still waiting for that too.

Is a week far too long to wait for shipping, seeing as thats all im meant to be paying for is "shipping and handling" and they've done all the handling and it "should" (touch wood) be here!?!

Just wondered how long shipping was for other people. :-)

Deviousdragonuk

Hitman,

What version of Vista have you ordered?

I wonder if they are charging different amounts for different versions, even though it is meant to be shipping and handling and its just a DVD!

Ive ordered Home Premium on the express upgrade and its £10.06.

Skyline said:
you are lucky... I have 30+ Upgrade forms here for our company... I have emailed the company several times but no reply!

Have you tried calling them? I believe there is a moduslink telephone number somewhereon the forums floating about?

Order form for Express Upgrade was sent off 5th Jan, and says "order shipped" 5weeks later and yet the delivery is still taking over an additonal week!

Wouldnt surprise me if the alternate media arrives in the post before my vista disc, even though it was shipped after it!

I just want my vista!!, is it too much to ask!

hittman said:
My upgrade is with acer. I rang them up today. the guy said, they won't reply to proof of purchase emails and assured me, I am def. in the queue and mine will be sent out within 4 to 6 weeks. :eek: how come P+P differs? mine cost £14!

By the way, my current os is: WIN XP Media centre and hoping to get Vista Home Prem 32 bit.

I dont know mate! I bought the OEM Win XP Media Centre too and requested Vista Home Premium 32bit and its charged at £10.06. including vat too!
I smell something not quite right here!!!

Leezer -
Whats the moduslink telephone number u used dude? im gonna need it to say they've billed me twice!

Cheers

Deviousdragonuk

number41

Yeah mate, thats what i did, bought OEM XP MCE2005 just after xmas. Sent the order form of and emailed photocopies and everything went fine (albeit slow). You dont need to be a system builder, and also you no longer needed to have bought hardware with the Operating System. When you go to register the OEM XP MCE 2005 on moduslink's website, whatever you do DONT use the "BACK" button on I.E. as it causes problems:-)
When you do register, you get asked to enter a model and serial number, i think it also says below that if its a custom build just enter in "0" or "1" or something similar.

JonRohan

I'm at 6weeks and counting......
4weeks to process and i'm told it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery! so what, April by the time i get it!?!

Rang moduslink today and said "oi" u billed me twice, it says shipped on the website and where is it. Apparently they take a long to arrive in the post because its comming from the Netherlands. And ref the "double billing" they said the system would "automatically credit my card back in the future".

I called up mastercard and said i do not recognise one of the transactions from moduslink, only 1 of them, and so they are investigating.

All fun n games at the moment!

Deviousdragonuk

ITS HERE ITS FINALLY HERE

LOW AND BEHOLD!!!!

Its ARRIVED! Both my AM and Vista HP Express Upgrade this morning!

YAY!!!

lets see then,

shipped on feb 14th so thats 12 days for delivery for ""Express"" (i use the term loosely!) Upgrade. Judging from the packaging, it looks like they're being shipped from Hunguary!

Back
Top Bottom