Anyone have a Hot Tub?

Soldato
I’d also at the very least check the connections in the socket and replace it if you are unsure.

The heat is usually caused by a bad connection between the socket and the plug or the wires in the terminals behind the socket.

Sockets are rated for 13A but plenty will melt if you pull 13A through them for long periods of time.

For example, I’ve seen plenty of incidents of people have issues with melting sockets when charging EVs off a 3 pin at 10A for extended periods of time. Normally it’s not a problem but if a connection isn’t great, it can cause problems when plugging in really high draw appliances for long periods of time.

Man of Honour
I’d also at the very least check the connections in the socket and replace it if you are unsure.

The heat is usually caused by a bad connection between the socket and the plug or the wires in the terminals behind the socket.

Sockets are rated for 13A but plenty will melt if you pull 13A through them for long periods of time.

For example, I’ve seen plenty of incidents of people have issues with melting sockets when charging EVs off a 3 pin at 10A for extended periods of time. Normally it’s not a problem but if a connection isn’t great, it can cause problems when plugging in really high draw appliances for long periods of time.

This is the old plug, some serious deterioration around the fuse holder.

I’ve replaced the plug and so far it’s remained cool. I’ll keep an eye on it and at least now I know this can be an issue.

Man of Honour
Had a blissful hot tub session yesterday in the sun. Was in there for a couple of hours, lost track of time. Won’t be switching it off anytime soon. The new plug is all good.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Had a blissful hot tub session yesterday in the sun. Was in there for a couple of hours, lost track of time. Won’t be switching it off anytime soon. The new plug is all good.
Yup been really enjoying it with the nice whether. My son has been going in it a lot, have it set to 37c.

Caporegime
Yep, yesterday was great perfect weather for a BBQ + Hot Tub day!

I did a rewire job on mine last week and installed an inline electricity meter, i've always wanted to know how much power it uses a month.....

Caporegime
Likewise. Wouldn’t mind if we used it more, but too much else going on at the moment to justify the cost.

Its one of those things on odd winter day I'd like to pop in for a few hours. But just doesn't work like that. Even if. You wanted to heat it just for the day, you'd still need to keep water clear etc the rest of the time.

Soldato
How many are still running through winter this year?

Closed ours down this winter, first time ever...
Planning on running ours all though the winter. The colder the weather the better the hot tub is. Running costs seem fine to me so far. The only time I consider not using it is in a heat wave.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom