Anyone have any idea what this is worth? (ring)

Caporegime
Yes, terrible pics I know, but that's all I can do. :p

The little circle appears to have either an 'I' or '1' in it, whilst the letters appear to be either 'MTL' or 'HTL'. Or maybe I'm completely wrong...

hJF9k.jpeg

TAmUF.jpeg

Thanks.

Caporegime
Tbh rings like that just basically are worth their scrap value in gold.

Find out whether it's 9 or 24 carot gold, weigh it, look up scrap price for gold. Profit.

Associate
Not sure what size the 'coin' is in the middle of the ring. It looks like it is/trying to be either a Half Sovereign or Sovereign.

Her brow and nose don't look like photographs of genuine sovereigns/half sovereigns. Though saying that it could be down to wear. I would take it to a Jewellers. They should be able to tell quite quickly if it is a real coin or not.

If it is a genuine one, then the gold value is in the coin, since they're made of 22ct gold (since 1817).

Is there a design on the back of the coin?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Tree fiddy.

I said "we'll take a box of the graham crunch. How much will that be?" Well she looked at me and said "That'll be about tree fiddy." Well it was about this time I noticed that this girl scout was about 8 stories tall and was a crustacean from the protozoic era!

:D

Associate
Can't see the back of the coin as it's set in the ring.

No, this isn't being sold for food. :p

Is there a way of removing the coin - i.e are there some sort of bent lugs at the rear. Normally these types of rings are mass produced and they set a coin into the ring and then put a retaining bezel over it which fits through the main body of the ring and they then bend the lugs over to keep the coin in place.

If you could see the back and it is is in significantly better condition than the front, it would give an indication as to whether or not the coin is genuine or not.

This page has a picture of a Sovereign as an example. The half sovereign is smaller. In fact this could confirm it - Gold Sovereigns are 22.05mm in diameter. Half Sovereigns are 19.03mm in diameter (from 1817 onwards).

http://coinspace.org/blog/view/id_49/title_Three-Heads-are-Better-Than-One-Victorian-Gold/

Last edited:
Soldato
crappy feeder albums?

bC4pR.gif

Caporegime
OP
crappy feeder albums?

Already got them. :)

Is there a way of removing the coin - i.e are there some sort of bent lugs at the rear. Normally these types of rings are mass produced and they set a coin into the ring and then put a retaining bezel over it which fits through the main body of the ring and they then bend the lugs over to keep the coin in place.

If you could see the back and it is is in significantly better condition than the front, it would give an indication as to whether or not the coin is genuine or not.

This page has a picture of a Sovereign as an example. The half sovereign is smaller. In fact this could confirm it - Gold Sovereigns are 22.05mm in diameter. Half Sovereigns are 19.03mm in diameter (from 1817 onwards).

http://coinspace.org/blog/view/id_49/title_Three-Heads-are-Better-Than-One-Victorian-Gold/

Ah, it's a half. There's absolutely no way of getting the coin out unless I pry it off from the front (nothing at all at the back). It seems to have just been glued into a coin shaped gap. :p

Thanks.

Don't tell me, the guitarist from RHCP is selling some jizz stained underpants?

No, I'm blowing it on more hideous looking Adidas trainers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom