1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have perfect fit blinds?

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by Goose, 3 Jun 2021.

1. Goose

Mobster

I have a large bedroom window (175cm x 118cm) and i'd really like to have a perfect fit blackout blind for it. The trouble i'm having is that most of the blinds companies dont do them for windows wider than 140cm and the companies that send a person to your home to measure and install them offer no indication as to the cost.

I'm wondering if anyone here them and can tell me how much they cost?

Thanks

2. JohnG7

Perma Banned

There was thread last week or so ago, try there but none seem to be 100% with some light in some areas.

Go to the site and see how much.

3. gort

Wise Guy

Rotate them 90 degrees so they open and close on the horizontal. You'll find ones that fit with those dimensions.

4. dLockers

Soldato

I posted in the previous thread (+ in the man jobs thread). I went BlocBlinds. Proper 0 light blackout with the exception of two tiny holes left and right (by design I guess).

They do up to a max width of 2.4m. A quick quote on your sizes puts it at about £299.

5. ik9000

Mobster

we have timber venetian blinds and then black out curtains over them. It's an excellent combination as the wood blinds let you control light, airflow, etc during the day, while still giving privacy, and a better view than net curtains. The curtains do the blackout job and add noise insulation at night. If you have a sewing machine ordering dense lining or full black-out lining is relatively easy and you can sew it onto the back of other curtains. It's a lot easier than trying to find nice blackout curtains to begin with.

6. Goose

Mobster

Thanks for the help fellas.

I just had a look at their blackout blinds and this one came in at £189. Which one were you looking at that costs £299?

7. dLockers

Soldato

Ah dreamy. I didn't realise the regular BlocBlinds did up to 180cm (I had clicked BlocBlinds XL). Maybe there is where the difference came from.

Edit: this is mine for what it's worth:
    https://i.imgur.com/cqUUgR0.jpeg

Make sure you get your measurements spot on...

Last edited: 4 Jun 2021
  8. JBuk

Capodecina

I got mine inc fitting for just over £100 , window just a bit smaller than yours

9. Goose

Mobster

Where from?

10. JBuk

Capodecina

Actually having re read your post I notice yours are wide , mine are tall , approx 1m x1.5m

do you need perfect fit? They are good but theyres better options if they’re essential

11. Goose

Mobster

I'm very light sensitive so i'm looking at ways to keep my room as near to absolute darkness as possible.

12. JBuk

Capodecina

tbh I have found the perfect fit still let in some light around the edges , my old roller blackout blind and curtains over it were better

13. dLockers

Soldato

You mustn't have used BlocBlinds if you think a roller and curtains are better...

14. VaderDSL

Capodecina

Getting some fitted to 3 windows on Tuesday, so will update to give my impressions. I'm keeping the venetians already installed, the blocblinds will fit in the recess still so should block most of the light.

15. Furyus

Wise Guy

I've just had a look at Blocblinds, do they do fitting? I couldn't seem to see anything on there site.