• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone have the MSI TRIO 3070?

rn2

rn2

Associate
I read that it is the quietest of all the 3070s. So I'm interested in it :D Not sure what the queue is like for it though.

Associate
Got the 3080 trio. And it is extremely quiet. Case fans are much louder.

Also with low temp bios on it, Max temps of 63-64 under load.
Very impressed with MSI’s cooler.

Tiniest bit off coil whine when uncapped FPS in menu screens.

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
Got the 3080 trio. And it is extremely quiet. Case fans are much louder.

Also with low temp bios on it, Max temps of 63-64 under load.
Very impressed with MSI’s cooler.

Tiniest bit off coil whine when uncapped FPS in menu screens.

Thank you very much! That sounds delightful :D Coil wine in those situations are pretty normal on a lot of cards I think. I haven't heard it on my 1070 since capping all my frames to my monitors refresh rate though.

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
@Alec potter I just watched a video of a noise comparison with a 3070 TUF and like you said I couldn't hear the gpu fans over the cpu fans. Which PSU and wattage are you using?

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
Thanks. To be honest I'll probably set my computer up in a separate room as I'll be air cooling and the ryzen and apparently their boost clocks constantly set the fan into overdrive and I can't be doing with that lol.

Top Bottom