Anyone here a cheek biter? Did you manage to stop?

Has been something I've done for at least 15 years now. Any slight bit of anxiousness and I bit my cheek. I don't even realise I'm doing it until its too late.

I have looked at mouth guards, but think as I'm often unaware I'm doing it until it's too late I don't think this would work, though may try it any way.

I've known many people over the years that do this too, so hoping some on here have experience with this and been able to find ways to reduce/stop it.

Merry 2021!

Soldato
I am a terrible teeth grinder , paid £100 for a mouth guard Afew years back and it helps a lot, tried cheap ebay ones first but the dentist one is far superior, sometimes find it at the bottom of the bed after too much alcohol but otherwise stays in

Soldato
I am a terrible teeth grinder , paid £100 for a mouth guard Afew years back and it helps a lot, tried cheap ebay ones first but the dentist one is far superior, sometimes find it at the bottom of the bed after too much alcohol but otherwise stays in
Nibbling your partners toes?

Caporegime
Man, I am terrible for this!

It drives my girlfriend bonkers, she hates to see me doing it. Tried to stop for years (it’s something I’ve done my entire life) but never can, and as you say sometimes I don’t even realise I’ve been doing it.

Soldato
OP
Assume you use it over night? The thing is cheek biting isn't quite the same as it's done when awake, not when asleep. In fact sometimes it feels like the only time I'm not biting is when I'm asleep.

I thought about putting something nasty as **** on my fingers so that if I bite, I get the taste as a reminder to stop. Anyone tried this?

Soldato
Assume you use it over night? The thing is cheek biting isn't quite the same as it's done when awake, not when asleep. In fact sometimes it feels like the only time I'm not biting is when I'm asleep.

I thought about putting something nasty as **** on my fingers so that if I bite, I get the taste as a reminder to stop. Anyone tried this?
Ah yes it does sound different, mine is almost like an escape for tension through my jaw, I can control in the day but wake up with an aching jaw, started after a long term relationship split so mines more a mental health issue I guess

Soldato
Likewise but not as pronounced as others as I certainly do not wake up with aching jaws but the lack of enamel on my bottom front teeth say otherwise :(

No gurning squire.

Back
Top Bottom