Anyone know about Ski's?

Associate
Hi all,

I've been offered 2 pairs of old Head C140 carbon jacket ski's, which must be quite old as i can't find any pictures of them. Plus they don't have any fancy graphics that modern head ski's have. My question is.. and one know how much they are worth, i'd say they are 3-4 years old.

thanks Mobo

Soldato
starscream said:
There are some going for £170 including binding on ebay.

You know you really want a snowboard though ;)

Oh dear oh dear. Tray riders get everywhere these days! :rolleyes:

As for the ski's, they probably are not worth that much if they are a couple of seasons old. What are the bases like? Have you been rock hunting on them?

Soldato
Von Luck said:
C140s had a RRP of £300, but you could get them new for £180 inc bindings. If they're a few seasons old then if in good condition I'd reckon £80-£100 a pair is a fair price.

Ski Plus still flog em now: http://www.skiplusonline.co.uk/index.html

Snowboarding is ok if you like having a nap on a run, personally I like a bit of speed ;)

Yep, right in the middle of the run and just over the lip of a hill! :rolleyes: And they wonder why people shout at them?

Man of Honour
leaskovski said:
Yep, right in the middle of the run and just over the lip of a hill! :rolleyes: And they wonder why people shout at them?

Don't believe for a second that it is only snowboarders who do this, half the time you get a group of skiers standing about at the start of a 'steep' bit just clogging up the slope right along the line where everyone needs to go down. I might be a tray rider but I very rarely stop on a run unless I have to wait for whoever I'm with.

Part of the problem seems to be that once you get good at one sport most people are unwilling to put in the same level of dedication to reach the same ability in the other discipline. For instance I used to be a decent enough skier, not great but I could hold my own then I discovered snowboarding and I didn't put on a pair of skis for 12 years when I tried kiddy-planks(snowblades if you want to be pedantic) and I actually found it pretty difficult for the first few runs until I got the hang of it again. I'm glad I did it though as it gave me a bit more respect for skiers again although you folks on the two planks do have your fair share of pillocks. ;) A bit of tolerance and understanding goes a long way though because the mountain should be big enough for all of us. :)

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Funnily enough my daughter has been a ski instructress for two years and she's just been told that she's got to learn to snowboard to keep her job even though she hates it.

That's a bit odd isnt it? What were their reasons for making her? :confused:

I'm a skier and like most, i get annoyed with boarders. You just hear that horrible snow-scraping noise behind you and know theres a plank (on a plank) leafing his way down the slope thinking he's ultra cool. I'd be impressed more if boarders actually tried to carve down runs instead of doing that silly leaf thing. Then it'd actually be fair of them to say it's cooler than skiing, which seems to be the argument in most cases.

Man of Honour
Scam said:
I'm a skier and like most, i get annoyed with boarders. You just hear that horrible snow-scraping noise behind you and know theres a plank (on a plank) leafing his way down the slope thinking he's ultra cool. I'd be impressed more if boarders actually tried to carve down runs instead of doing that silly leaf thing. Then it'd actually be fair of them to say it's cooler than skiing, which seems to be the argument in most cases.

Are you on a nursery slope? That is about the only place you'd normally see the 'falling leaf' as otherwise the boarder is on a slope that is probably above their ability. I can honestly say I've seen very few snowboarders doing the falling leaf when I've been on the slopes unless they are struggling although I do have to admit I tend to zone out everyone else as much as possible(and no before it gets questioned that does not make me unsafe, I'm perfectly aware of peoples position on the slope even if I am not paying much attention to what they are doing).

Both sking and snowboarding look cool when done well but for most people it is easier to get to a comfortable level in snowboarding and you will generally get to that level quicker than a skier.

Don
Other than sitting down beneath the lip of a hill, or clogging up lift queues whilst they undo their bindings before getting on a chair/drag boarders don't bother me that much.

Jokester

Back
Top Bottom