• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone know of a graphics card repair center??? Changed thermal pads on my RTX 3090 now no display..

Soldato
I think that's called fraud

Well I'm not sure how the law stands now since the UK has left the EU but when we were part of the EU warrantly void stickers were actually illegal as EU law gave the consumer the right to repair their own equipent.

I'd definately contact Asus and see what they say? or even the shop you bought from because once the repair shop starts playing with it the warranty will definately be void. Might aswell use that option as a last resort. I've even had in the past the same card come with warranty stickers and other times without.

Associate
The card lighting up but no display could be coincidence.
Did you try a different display cable ? Edit: yes you did.. ignore this post.

Associate
Honestly Id just ship the card in to ASUS for RMA as is.

My best guess is they would simply chuck it into a system on a test bench, see it has no video out and issue a replacement.

If they ask about the warranty sticker, plead ignorance.

If all fails, worst case they send you back the broken card. You have nothing to loose.

Id certainly try that before sending it to any 3rd party repair places. You can always try that if ASUS stand firm rejecting your claim.

Associate
Well I'm not sure how the law stands now since the UK has left the EU but when we were part of the EU warrantly void stickers were actually illegal as EU law gave the consumer the right to repair their own equipent.

I'd definately contact Asus and see what they say? or even the shop you bought from because once the repair shop starts playing with it the warranty will definately be void. Might aswell use that option as a last resort. I've even had in the past the same card come with warranty stickers and other times without.

not saying I wouldn't do the same thing ;)

G J

G J

Associate
Isn't that the guy who was stomping all over Louis Rossmanns comment section acting like a total *******?

edit: yep 658 Comment (youtube.com)

Ohhh thats some salt, I'd steer well clear of this dude. Complains about people though happy to buy/repair broken cards to flip/repair for profit. Love the whole my time is important to me but I have time to act like a **** in the Youtube comments.

Even if asus rejects rma, they may offer to fix if you pay, i would rather pay the card maker anyway, than a 3rd party.

This, try the Asus rma/repair route if you can first.

Back
Top Bottom