Anyone made their own foam radiator gaskets?

Soldato
For reasons i dont quite understand it seems to be rather difficult to find either 360mm or 120mm foam gaskets that are actually in stock and not crazy expensive. I'm wondering if anyone here has made their own and if so what materials did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks

Soldato
I've had 120 and 360mm gaskets from OcUK before at a fair price. I did look into buying some foam and laser cutting them myself. I believe EVA foam is popular for lasers.

Soldato
OP
I've had 120 and 360mm gaskets from OcUK before at a fair price. I did look into buying some foam and laser cutting them myself. I believe EVA foam is popular for lasers.

I dont have a laser cutter so its gonna be scissors for me :)

I'm gonna try and find some 5mm thick self-adhesive foam sheets use the one gasket i already have as template. They'll look pretty naff but they wont be visible once they're installed.

Soldato
I dont have a laser cutter so its gonna be scissors for me :)

I'm gonna try and find some 5mm thick self-adhesive foam sheets use the one gasket i already have as template. They'll look pretty naff but they wont be visible once they're installed.
Fair play, I'm sure you can get good results with a nice sharp scalpel too!

Soldato
OP
@Goose You still after one of these mate? If so, I've got one spare you can have, PM me an address if you want it :)

Thanks so much for the offer but i'm all set. I bought a hobby knife and some self adhesive foam, used the one gasket i already had as a template and then got to work :)

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom