Anyone own a Steve McQueen Barbour jacket?

Soldato
Bit random, but does anyone here own one of these? If so, what's the general quality and fit like? Considering buying one.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Can I infer from the replies that Barbour jackets are "chavvy"? I'm surprised, because the chavs and chavettes around here are still wearing Addidas and Gucci.

Soldato
I don't care whether the brand is considered chavvy or not - mine is the best coat I've ever bought, by miles. It's not perfect but I've been seriously impressed by the fit, warmth and ruggedness and I would say it's worth the money (even though I was loath to spend that much on clothing). I think mine is called an Ogston.

Soldato
Can't remember the name of mine but it's definitely the best coat I've ever owned, had it 3 years and it still looks absolutely pristine, was reduce too £200 as well so winner.

Soldato
Barbour jackets are traditional country wear for proper country types i.e. they are waterproof, warm, last ages (will show wear before failing). Will survive outdoors in general. Wax jackets that is. I don't know if the quilted ones are any good.

Soldato
OP
Barbour jackets are traditional country wear for proper country types i.e. they are waterproof, warm, last ages (will show wear before failing). Will survive outdoors in general. Wax jackets that is. I don't know if the quilted ones are any good.

The one I'm looking at is a wax bomber. The full name is Merchant bomber. Aside from the supposed chav connotations, I actually really like it.

Soldato
I don't own a Steve McQueen range of jacket but do have a Barbour Corbridge jacket. I'd suggest going to a shop and trying it on, do not buy online. I'm 6'1" and of what I'd call an average build, I needed an XL to get the right fit on the shoulder and length in the arm. Bare in mind that typically their jackets are designed to be worn with layers underneath so don't try it on with a t-shirt and decide it's too big, put a jumper on also.

Associate
I have one and I’d say it’s a snug fit “fitted” as it were. I’ve had mine for about a year and a half and it’s still like brand new very good quality I’d say. Would definitely try it on before buying it or order the next size up and send whichever one back.

Associate
Chavs have barely any money, they buy stuff that they think makes them look like they do.

Same with Burberry a few years back, naf naf in the 90s.

It also why they lease entry level bmw, Audi's and mercs. Yet live in rat infested council house.

Soldato
OP
I have one and I’d say it’s a snug fit “fitted” as it were. I’ve had mine for about a year and a half and it’s still like brand new very good quality I’d say. Would definitely try it on before buying it or order the next size up and send whichever one back.

I was hoping to try one on, but I couldn't find a shop local to me that sold them. I've gone and bought one online, however after reading your comment, I'm concerned it won't fit. Thankfully they offer free returns.

Back
Top Bottom