Anyone planning a Dyno Day, or would like to go to one?

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone is planning a dyno day somewhere down south.

Last time we went to Viezu but I'm not convinced on the accuracy of the dyno, and they didn't give us flywheel converted printouts on the day, which meant it was all a bit anti-climactic, so somewhere else would be preferred this time, but if someones planning to go there again, it will do!

If theres nothing in the pipeline, who would be up for going to another one, and does anyone have recommendations of companies to contact to arrange a group day again?

I want to figure out if the Volvo has been re-mapped, before I pay to have it re-mapped for potentially no gain. :p

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I will just ask the guy who is going to tune it for me if he can check somehow beforehand.
Would still like to dyno it after though so the idea stands if enough people are interested. :p

Caporegime
Only Acme would want to organise an entire event just to find out if his Lolvo is mapped :D

Find the same Volvo out in the wild and challenge him to a drag race. If he declines, tell him his great-niece goes harder than his zimmer frame and his pipe is gay. He'll be down the strip in no time.

Caporegime
OP
Only Acme would want to organise an entire event just to find out if his Lolvo is mapped :D

Find the same Volvo out in the wild and challenge him to a drag race. If he declines, tell him his great-niece goes harder than his zimmer frame and his pipe is gay. He'll be down the strip in no time.

I mean thats not the only reason, I also just feel like a dyno day. :p

I could find out if its mapped by fitting a boost gauge. Or by getting my mapper to check (which is what I'm going to do)

Soldato
4th gear tops out at about 130MPH I think so I'd have to be careful where and when that happens haha.
Not that I'd know that, hence "I think" :p ;)
You wouldn't need to max it. I stop mine around 6k rpm. As that's really as far as my turbo will go before it drops off

Back
Top Bottom