• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone pre ordering a 3080ti lol?

Associate
That happens as even though GPU's get more efficient they are smaller so less area to transfer heat to a lump of metal, and at the end of the day the actual Core temp matters more than the heat out the rear (I have never had a PC actually heat my room in the winter).
The 3090 and 3080 are massive heaters because they have some GDDR6X memory on core side

you can easily shave 20 C by changing the thermal pads from the memory temperature.

the card can be sometimes limited by the throttling of GDDR6X.

Usually the memory on the backplate side does not get cooled down that well in most of the cards I have examined.

Even sticking fins with the adhesive heatsinks on the backplate for the cards that come with one will massively decrease the memory temperature of GDDR6X

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can see the 3080ti-FE being around £850 or so. As for third party cards......:

W2aMwr6.gif

I honestly don't see the point of either company "launching" these cards due to the ensuing *********** and rage it brings. Just more opportunity for bots to grab virtually non existent stock and scalp the **** out of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd be tempted to try and secure one if the MSRP for the FE was around 900ish and sell the 3080 but will be very difficult to get one I'm sure. AIB cards probably will hilariously priced though.

V F

V F

Soldato
That happens as even though GPU's get more efficient they are smaller so less area to transfer heat to a lump of metal, and at the end of the day the actual Core temp matters more than the heat out the rear (I have never had a PC actually heat my room in the winter).

Really, never? I remember my Athlon 1.3/1.4 Thunderbirds doing it. Including the CRT monitor days. ATi CrossFire X1950XTX were very hot heating up the room and even the PowerMac G5s.

Permabanned
Really, never? I remember my Athlon 1.3/1.4 Thunderbirds doing it. Including the CRT monitor days. ATi CrossFire X1950XTX were very hot heating up the room and even the PowerMac G5s.

I had them also starting with AMD 1.2/1.4 Thunderbirds (Pencil Mod ;)) but the room is 17x13.5x11 (Feet) approx. so not really.

If you sit near it yes you can feel heat the hitting wall and coming back at you if under load.

Caporegime
Currently on a 290x after flogging on my 3070fe, just seemed a waste having it in the pc when i was only playing the odd half hour to an hour of battlefield every so many days. Might buy into a ti for battlefield 6 if it appears later this year.

Back
Top Bottom