1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone recommend a MB for an older i7-4790K?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by AAAthreat, Jan 12, 2018.

1. AAAthreat

Associate

Can anyone recommend a decent board for my i7-4790K? My MB went last weekend and ive been looking to replace it but a lot of the newer boards out there only support DDR4 and ive got 16 gig of DDR3 in my machine.

Anyone help welcome thanx.

2. orbitalwalsh

Sgarrista

3. AAAthreat

Associate

Thank you man, no I'm fine buying new.

4. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

You will have trouble finding a new Z97 mobo, and second hand prices are a bit high as they are in short supply

5. britain4

Gangster

There are a few Z97 boards on Aliexpress for under £70 - if you're willing to take the risk of ordering from China. They have a solid returns policy if it doesn't work.

6. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Z87/Z97 boards went out of production after the 4th gen series CPUs got replaced with the 6th gen a couple of years ago. Secondhand is pretty much your only option.

Give it a couple of months and secondhand supply might be less of an issue if people start upgrading/replacing kit due to the Intel Meltdown issue once all the information is out.

7. AAAthreat

Associate

Thanx guys yeah I kinda thought they had stopped making them because I couldn't find them anywhere, cheers anyway.