Anyone renewed their passport recently? Time until it arrived?

Soldato
I may have forgotten my passport has expired and I’m flying on 12 July. The digital option says 3 weeks usually but more at busy times, a friend of mine said his cane back in 5 days but not sure if it’s worth risking or going for one of the faster premium options?

Soldato
Should be fine, we've had a few turn up in a fortnight this past year or two but I guess it depends if there has been a big rush.

Soldato
I also renewed mine about this time last year, maybe more Sept/November. I think it was 13 or 14 days from first step to new passport. I was definitely surprised how quick it came.

Man of Honour
You can go to a passport office and get one on the day.

Edit: you are aware of that; I would not risk it, personally. I've used the premium service a couple of times in the past.

I renewed mine once by visiting the Passport Office when it was in Petty France, Victoria, I parked on the taxi rank in Broadway, by St. James Park station, and my present one the same way, but in the new building in Eccleston Square, Victoria, parking on the rank at the hotel in Bridge Place, (now the Double Tree Hilton).
It took a couple of hours, but I knew when I walked in that I’d walk out with my new passport.
Don’t try parking where I did unless you have a Black Cab.

Man of Honour
Hopefully the OP has got his new passport by now.

For info I renewed mine last month, it took about 5-6 days to get there via RM 1st class signed for but once recieved they turned it around withiin a couple of days and got it back right away so maybe within 8-9 days overall.

Commissario
I may have forgotten my passport has expired and I’m flying on 12 July. The digital option says 3 weeks usually but more at busy times, a friend of mine said his cane back in 5 days but not sure if it’s worth risking or going for one of the faster premium options?

Took about 3 weeks to get mine back, but mine was slightly delayed as I had forgot to send my non UK passport back at the same time. :)

Back
Top Bottom