Anyone run dual monitor with 2 different size and res?

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Raymond, seems like we're both going to be doing the same thing, but mine is only a 15 incher :(

Associate
im running a 15" TFT LCD right now alongside a 19" TFT LCD, both using seperate resolutions, as the 15" cant produce the resolution the 19" can... quite awkward to use for me, there is the height difference as well... but im getting another 19" soon, both same model so look exactly the same... but i believe 17" TFT monitor is usually the same height as a 20.1" widescreen monitor...or so ive heard...tho still different resolutions...

Soldato
I dont think the height is the same on a 20.1" as a 17"

in this review of the Dell 2005FPW it says:

The display area is 17in. (43cm) wide and just less than 11in. (28cm) tall, giving the display an image aspect ratio of 16:10.

which when i measured was slightly taller and a lot wider.

Soldato
I usually use a 19" with a 21" at different resolutions - I find it quite useful to have two different resolutions running for different things - eg. photoshop with all the tools on the screen with the lower resolution making them nice and big.

fini

Soldato
Mud stop showing off!!!

Only kidding - how the h**l do you use 3 or 4 screens?

takes a little getting used to I found using different resolutions but its not too bad, as long as you are running Win XP of course - I think most versions of windows prior to that you were stuck with the same resolution on all monitors ( or certainly prior to Win 2K sp1)

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Ah, cool. Well if it's rubbish then I'll just bin the old screen, I'm suprised I've lasted this long with it as I play games and it's got a 16ms refresh I believe.
Maybe that's why I suck :p

Mud

Mud

Soldato
FrankJH said:
Mud stop showing off!!!

Only kidding - how the h**l do you use 3 or 4 screens?

</show = 0>

Multiple graphics cards; if you think the price of AGP graphics cards is rising disgustingly, look at the price of equivalent PCI cards :eek:

Back
Top Bottom