Anyone shop at Aldi?

Soldato
Went there yesterday to look round.

Left 10 minutes later and drove to Asda because there was less choice, fruit and veg were awful and I couldn't see where the savings were?

Associate
I can't be bothered with Aldi any more. It is very hit and miss and often they will not have some of the hits I go in for. Have to queue for a long time and won't take credit card.

Associate
Went into Aldi as it was closest thing to a shop where I was working; Picked up a carton on strawberry milkshake for 64p I think, usually pay £1.20 or so, and this was bigger and tasted nicer.
And at the checkout a girl served me that I really liked.

So will be going back tomorrow. Might aswell get another carton whislt i'm there

Soldato
Went into Aldi as it was closest thing to a shop where I was working; Picked up a carton on strawberry milkshake for 64p I think, usually pay £1.20 or so, and this was bigger and tasted nicer.
And at the checkout a girl served me that I really liked.

So will be going back tomorrow. Might aswell get another carton whislt i'm there

Are you groen but with yet another name change? :p

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The best thing about Aldi is their gin. It's awesome for the price.

A fan of their Gin here too. They also do an excellent champagne at a ridiculously low price. Easily as good as a boggo bottle of Veuve or Moet etc and has the award to agree with that.

Soldato
At this risk of not wanting to judge people (because I do seriously try not to) most of the people who inhabit my local Aldi are the ones I'd rather avoid :/. There's a brand new one opened up near me and I've been in there a few times but the selection doesn't seem brilliant. Doesn't help there's a Tesco mega store right next door though.

I tend to find Asda and Tesco has the chavtastic people and Lidl has 90% foreign people and the rest English people who have clocked that it's actually decent.

I reckon most of it is what you live near.

Soldato
One thing that always puts me off with this place is how different the stuff will taste to the branded equivalents.

We were the same. We use to only shop at Sainsbury's, then we started to get a few bits at Aldi and slowly we've been more adventurous substituting our usual brands with Aldi equivalents. Our consensus is, most of it tastes the same, some tastes better and the rest is just a bit different but not in a particularly bad way that justifies spending extra at Sainsbury's.

Soldato
I like Aldi, but would struggle to do my weekly shop there. Usually use Tesco, and we get it delivered.

Things I always buy from Aldi when I go in;
- Smoked Salmon @ ~£15/kg :eek: amazing value
- Premium Muesli - tropical variant. Tastes great
- some sort of moisturizing face gunk for Mrs Cheesyboy (it's about £4 a jar compared with the £45 Clarins stuff she also uses)
- Tinned Tuna Steaks in oil - 200g cans for about £1.20
- fruit and veg, which is equivalent quality to Tesco (i.e. a bit crap), but is better priced.

Back
Top Bottom