Anyone still play Total Annihilation?

Permabanned
Hi people,
Yesterday I found my Total Annihilation discs out and thought I would have a play. I then found out that people still make new units for it so it can be quite fun now.

Does anyone else still play this classic game?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's my #1 choice when I feel like some RTS :)
What I wouldn't give for an AI that does clever things, like waypointing attacks to come from multiple sides at once, beach landings, transports, hijacking my commander....

All the TA AI does for me is build the same units over and over after not building nearly enough resource gen...

Soldato
Havn't played for a while but some of the mods are awesome... It's a staple game when we have a lan party... as any old machine can play it.

Absolute Annhilation is the mod I use most. Some Very fun HUGE mechs.

Actually there was a project being developed making it a truly 3d game... can't remember the name of it right now. The interface still needed lots of work but the game itself was awesome, you could play it 2 player one dealing with the macro stuff and one taking control uf units so it became an FPS.

/edit oh and if you want a bit more challenge try adding the banzai AI's to the game... they are truly evil.

Soldato
MoNkeE said:
I play it every now and again - best strategy game ever made in my opinion.

-RaZ

I'll second that, excelent game. Dont want to think about how many hours ive played it for over the past 8 years or so...

Soldato
Beren said:
Havn't played for a while but some of the mods are awesome... It's a staple game when we have a lan party... as any old machine can play it.

Absolute Annhilation is the mod I use most. Some Very fun HUGE mechs.

Actually there was a project being developed making it a truly 3d game... can't remember the name of it right now. The interface still needed lots of work but the game itself was awesome, you could play it 2 player one dealing with the macro stuff and one taking control uf units so it became an FPS.

/edit oh and if you want a bit more challenge try adding the banzai AI's to the game... they are truly evil.

banzai AI rocks, krogoths though :( the mod your refering to, the one with the karneganth in it, the 'super-heavy demolition mech' which is simply a walking death machine?

Associate
Beren said:

well. 3d game was called spring. iam not sure of the other stuff u talk about though?

Soldato
TA still played constantly for here :) always comes out at LANs.. our fav games were where we limited all the units to level 1 units and NO base defence... damn you had to think those games out :D

Back
Top Bottom