Anyone tried Mongoose Traveller 2nd Ed

Soldato
As title,

I loved Traveller in my teens and tried most of the various iterations, as far as I can read Mongoose have done a good job with the 2nd Edition of their version but nothing is better than a "horses mouth" opinion from an active gamer. So has anyone had a dabble with the latest version?

Back in the day rolling a new character was a great game in itself and one of the best construction processes of any RPG I ever played :D

Soldato
I've not played much but its very similar to the old version in regards character creation although I think they have removed or at least reduced the chance of dying (its been a while).
Still enjoyable and I feel its more open but I can only compare the handful of times we played the old version.

Soldato
OP
I was a massive player of the original traveller (we had a cracking group back then), I've now picked up the core rulebook as a PDF and like enough of what I've read to pick up the physical version. Also looks like I've convinced a couple of people so far of Travellers merits so looks like I'll be able to give it a good test :)

Back
Top Bottom