Anyone used a Travel Currency card before?

Soldato
I have a Metro Bank current account that allows free ATM withdrawals in Europe which is useful. Still always use a credit card abroad though, we have one that gives free transactions.

Soldato
OP
Ok I downloaded the Revolute app and created an account. Managed to send £10 to it from my debit card. This was to use to pay for the card itself (£5) but I can't get it as it wont be here until the day we leave. Not chancing getting it before we head for the airport. Unfortunate really as it seemed a good thing to have. Now I have £10 stuck in the account I can't get as I can't transfer it back to my normal account as it wont authorise my passport and selfie for security which I need to set up myself as a beneficiary so I can send that tenner back to my Natwest bank. .

Soldato
Ok I downloaded the Revolute app and created an account. Managed to send £10 to it from my debit card. This was to use to pay for the card itself (£5) but I can't get it as it wont be here until the day we leave. Not chancing getting it before we head for the airport. Unfortunate really as it seemed a good thing to have. Now I have £10 stuck in the account I can't get as I can't transfer it back to my normal account as it wont authorise my passport and selfie for security which I need to set up myself as a beneficiary so I can send that tenner back to my Natwest bank. .

I just got one of these after a friend recommended it for using abroad, she said her card came in 3 days but the eta was much longer - I just paid the £12 to get it quicker and it arrived the next day.

Do you have a driving licence as I used that to auth the card with no issues?

Soldato
OP
Well it arrive in the post this morning. So top service there. I have set up myself as a beneficiary so I can transfer from my revolute card to bank and vice versa but need to validate myself. I am now assuming that my passport and selfie worked for the other thing I did, set up the actual account maybe? I can't remember now. So I will assume it will work for the banking transfer part. Looking forward to dumping some cash on it and seeing it in euros. It is sad that I am excited by this card?? ?:)

Soldato
OP
Ok for the Revolute users, I have transfered £200 from my debit card to my new Rev card and converted it to Euros and I am now assuming this is now ready to used in Ibiza? I will be topping up on friday too as I get paid then.

beh

beh

Associate
You don't need to convert it to Euros in the app unless you want to lock-in the current rate. Still, yes, ready to use either way.

Back
Top Bottom