Anyone used Karshare?

Caporegime
I hope you aren't one of these "ehmahgawd its sacrilege to own a nice car and put it in a museum" type folks :D
No. It’s a Tesla appliance. Why would you museum that ? Just what’s the benefit in someone potentially damaging it. Adding miles. Wearing out tyres etc. you rent it out for money. Not for the feel good factor of being a good citizen

Caporegime
Why are you crying over spilt milk? The car is already created. He already owns it. He has stated he wants to keep it.
It’s called a discussion forum with opinions shared. I didn’t realise he only wanted your point of view. To accuse me of crying over spilt milk is a little odd.

However I haven’t used karshare so I admit I can’t really offer what the OP wanted.

Soldato
It’s a Tesla appliance.

So use it as such and extract as much value from it as possible. Your self awareness is low with this post. Tyres can be replaced (and covered by the rental fee). Miles increases depreciation (offset by the rental fee).

So why wouldn't you rent your appliance? :confused:

Caporegime
So use it as such and extract as much value from it as possible. Your self awareness is low with this post. Tyres can be replaced (and covered by the rental fee). Miles increases depreciation (offset by the rental fee).

So why wouldn't you rent your appliance? :confused:
Same as why I don’t rent out my arse

Caporegime
Back to the OP. How do people use the car and unlock it etc. do they have to collect the keys off you?

Zipcar I’ve used for stuff before but the app unlocks and starts the car.

Soldato
Back to the OP. How do people use the car and unlock it etc. do they have to collect the keys off you?

Zipcar I’ve used for stuff before but the app unlocks and starts the car.
From the site... We install our unique KarshareGo technology in every vehicle on our platform. This ensures that all rentals are 100% contactless and managed via the Karshare app.

So it sounds like they install some box of tricks to be able to unlock via the app... another reason to avoid this idea like the plague!

Soldato
OP
Ok this blew up.

To confirm, it's not about the money insofar as I don't need the money. It's remuneration for sure and no, of course I wouldn't do it if there was none, I'm not a charity and the aforementioned extra costs (wear on tear of tyres, brakes, cleaning etc) need to be covered. The car (and yeah, it's a Tesla Model 3 for whoever asked) is owned by my business, part of why I'm not 'precious' about it, but there's a whole factor of reasons - including sporadic long distance usage and business use - that means I'm not interested in selling.

I've got my business hat on mainly and I'm just interested to see how it works, whether it is worth it (or not), what the experience is like, how much it would rent for (and to who), and then a small amount of the socio-economic benefits that come from car sharing.

Hiring a Model 3 costs upwards of £175 per day from a quick glance at some hire companies, if they even have one. I think Hertz was something stupid like £350 per day. Looking on Karshare there are very very few EVs - which is interesting given fuel prices at the moment - and no Tesla's as far as I could find, unless they were already hired for the dates I popped in.

Soldato
OP
From the site... We install our unique KarshareGo technology in every vehicle on our platform. This ensures that all rentals are 100% contactless and managed via the Karshare app.

So it sounds like they install some box of tricks to be able to unlock via the app... another reason to avoid this idea like the plague!

Again, this is the point of my OP. What was it like, where is it, any issues etc. But I'm not concerned, especially with the app functionality of the Tesla. It's what all car share schemes have used for decades anyway.

Back
Top Bottom