Anyone used Posi-Tap connectors?

Associate
Wiring in a shift light for my Caterham and I need to tap into the white wire in the loom for the tacho to get the pulse signal (see pic below). I could cut, solder and shrink wrap, but I'm keen to use something that I can easily disconnect in the future.

Has anyone used Posi-Tap connectors before? The advantage is that once its set up with that connector I can disconnect and reconnect the shift lights without having to reconnect anything to keep the tacho working.

There are spare switched live and earth wires elsewhere I can get to, but the only pulse signal wire is the white one in the photo below.

Thoughts on posi-tap or other solutions that mean I can tap in and disconnect easily welcome.

(Yes, that is the right wire - I'm a member of the Lotus 7 Club and they've been very helpful in identifying the right wire. What their members don't know about Caterham wiring is probably only surpassed by Derek at Caterham itself).

IiZ2bZ2.jpg

Soldato
Used them before on a couple of retrofits done for my BMW. They are great, obviously no cutting involved and secure really well if you get the correct size for the cable.

Back
Top Bottom