anyone with a LG 27GN88A-B 1440z 144hz

Associate
hello,

Just wondering if anyone has the monitor and their thoughts on it?
spec wise it seems to tick all the boxes and as bad as it sounds I really like the mount lol.

I would get the Dell but that's sold out and doesn't look like it'll be in stock anytime soon.

Associate
I wish too buy it too, supposedly it's 27GL850 with the same nano IPS panel, but who knows really, there's barely any info about it

Associate
OP
@bckslsh_bizarre I took the plunge anyway shortly after I posted that. mine arrived yesterday.

plugged in it to test all was okay and working, pleased with the screen so far. my only gripe with it is the stand. its really nice and neat the only thing I would mark it down on is it doesn't go low enough I feel.

as far as the screen goes colours seem good, though I've not run it in HDR mode yet. normal SDR IPS is huge step up from my 24" TN 144Hz panel it is replacing.

Associate
I'll wait for some deals tomorrow. Currently it's supposedly on a black Friday sale, but it seems it has had this price for a month now.

Associate
OP
I'll wait for some deals tomorrow. Currently it's supposedly on a black Friday sale, but it seems it has had this price for a month now.

sadly there doesn't seem to been any price shift on this screen. given its current price and spec I'm quite happy with what I paid for it.

Associate
@bckslsh_bizarre I took the plunge anyway shortly after I posted that. mine arrived yesterday.

plugged in it to test all was okay and working, pleased with the screen so far. my only gripe with it is the stand. its really nice and neat the only thing I would mark it down on is it doesn't go low enough I feel.

as far as the screen goes colours seem good, though I've not run it in HDR mode yet. normal SDR IPS is huge step up from my 24" TN 144Hz panel it is replacing.

Associate
@david_xr Bro I’ve just bought the same monitor and I’m wondering if you could tell me how to enable it so my Xbox can do 1440p at 120Hz? it can currently either do 1440p at 60 or 1080p at 120 - freesync and hdr work fine but the whole point was to be able to take advantage of the 1440 at 120 - I’d be ever so grateful and have literally just created an account on here to ask you about it - thanks so much

Associate
OP
@david_xr Bro I’ve just bought the same monitor and I’m wondering if you could tell me how to enable it so my Xbox can do 1440p at 120Hz? it can currently either do 1440p at 60 or 1080p at 120 - freesync and hdr work fine but the whole point was to be able to take advantage of the 1440 at 120 - I’d be ever so grateful and have literally just created an account on here to ask you about it - thanks so much

sounds to me like the cable your using might not be up to spec.

For 144Hz at 1440p, you will need at least an HDMI 2.0 or a DisplayPort 1.2 while for 4K 144Hz you are going to need an HDMI 2.1 or alternatively, the DisplayPort 1.4 which maxes out at 120Hz without compression

hope that helps

Caporegime

I also read that not many 1440p monitors are taking a 120Hz signal btw, only known one atm is the Dell S2721DGF.

Associate
sounds to me like the cable your using might not be up to spec.

For 144Hz at 1440p, you will need at least an HDMI 2.0 or a DisplayPort 1.2 while for 4K 144Hz you are going to need an HDMI 2.1 or alternatively, the DisplayPort 1.4 which maxes out at 120Hz without compression

hope that helps

I’m actually using a HDMI 2.1 - sorry forgot to mention that, I’ll have to mess around with it more today and see what I can get because I’d hate to have to return it as it looks amazing too

Associate
@david_xr I find the stand fine for my usage, although I can see if you want it right on the desk it would be an issue. I love the real estate on my desk I have now though, can push my keyboard back where my monitor stand previously was.
For anyone reading this further down the line, the panel is a 27GL850, if you open up the menu on the monitor it says 27GL850, so they haven't even updated the firmware to reflect this variant.

Overall the colours are great, bezel slightly thicker than I'd like however

S_D

S_D

Associate
I wish too buy it too, supposedly it's 27GL850 with the same nano IPS panel, but who knows really, there's barely any info about it

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I thought the 27GN88A-B was the 27GN850 but with a different stand, and the 27GN83A-B was the 27GL850 with a different stand (basically both last years models), whereas the GN88 and the GN850 were both 2020 models?

Back
Top Bottom