anyone written a novella?

Permabanned
I think I have what it takes to write a novella, this is a short novel of around 80 pages.

I have some ideas bouncing around my head and I definetely want to write something in the sci fi genre. My first idea was to write something based on mars colonization and it going wrong and stuff, possibly alien attack etc.

Anyone wanna help me write a novella, lol.

Soldato
Draw up a plan and list of characters. Then start writing. Everyone has their own way of writing and the only way you'll find yours is by actually writing! The important thing is to enjoy what you're doing. Unless you're a very lucky and very gifted prodigy, you're not going to make much money from your story/ies. So have fun!

Soldato
Pro sci-fi writing tip: Aliens and robots. And some sexy space babes.

Pro money making writing tip: Lots of product placement. Aim for at least 2 brand names per page and consider naming your characters accordingly.

Man of Honour
Pro sci-fi writing tip: Aliens and robots. And some sexy space babes.

Pro money making writing tip: Lots of product placement. Aim for at least 2 brand names per page and consider naming your characters accordingly.

Capt Ronald McDonald and sergant Diet Coke should be considered to man this mission!

Soldato
Capt Ronald McDonald and sergant Diet Coke should be considered to man this mission!

That was my first draft, however foxy lady Sergeant Pepsi Max will be accompanying the Captain on his next mission to tackle the Nymphomaniac aliens of the Krispy Kreme cluster.

Soldato
didnt they have a big fight with Walkers crisps? i seem to remember Gary Liniker tweeting about it

Due to a licensing issue with the International Olympics Committee that ended up as Wingnut Walkers vs the Monster Munch from Space.

When my agent found out we couldn't call him Gary Lineker in the book he wanted the character's name changed to "Walkers Sensations Slow Roasted Lamb With Moroccan Spices" however it just wouldn't fit on the cover without resorting to Arial Narrow, which everyone agreed was a step too far.

Back
Top Bottom