• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anything 50% faster than 1080 ti?

Caporegime
Titan Xv.

Team_Time_Car.com-_BTTF_De_Lorean_Time_Machine-_Oto_Go.jpg

Permabanned
It's not that many years ago when you could easily expect the next round of cards to well over 50% faster. If peeps stopped buying all this "drip drip" improvement then they would soon get the message that 10% or 20% just isn't good enough.

It's quite simple really just don't upgrade every generation.

I imagine that when I come to upgrade this 980ti I will likely be getting a 50%+ performance increase.

Soldato
with £700 top tier cards or more if you count the Titan, not many people are going to be buying 2 of these high end cards.

I guess Nvidia would rather you buy 1 high end card than 2 middle range cards.

Associate
It's not that many years ago when you could easily expect the next round of cards to well over 50% faster. If peeps stopped buying all this "drip drip" improvement then they would soon get the message that 10% or 20% just isn't good enough.

I truly don't understand the mentality behind the mass belief that gpu manufacturers are intentionally holding back their technology. Yes, they will perhaps delay a launch for a few months depending on market pressure, but that doesn't make the type of difference that you're suggesting, and as the following generation is ready being worked on then a delayed launch doesn't necessarily slow down the next one.

If gpu makers were stalling development, then it's obvious that amd wouldn't be permanently behind.

Associate
I truly don't understand the mentality behind the mass belief that gpu manufacturers are intentionally holding back their technology. Yes, they will perhaps delay a launch for a few months depending on market pressure, but that doesn't make the type of difference that you're suggesting, and as the following generation is ready being worked on then a delayed launch doesn't necessarily slow down the next one.

If gpu makers were stalling development, then it's obvious that amd wouldn't be permanently behind.

Well they are - sadly. Nvidia have been doing it after Fermi (2010). Remember that most GTX x80 launches here after haven't been made of their "high-end" GPUs but rather the mid-end GPU's. The GTX 1080 isn't their high-end chip but a mid-range chip. So they are holding back and not giving yes the full power from the start. In 2006 we gave $400 for a high-end chipset, today we pay the same for a mid-range chipset.
http://digiworthy.com/2017/09/13/nvidias-performance-improvement-per-gen/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom