1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyway to make iPod touch into a removable usb drive??

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by icysniper, 13 Apr 2010.

1. icysniper

Hitman

hey got an iPod touch and there is no option under itunes to make it a removable usb device (whilst nearly all other ipod's have this option), currently i cannot find how to do it via google. I would like it so whenever I plug it into any computer it acts like a normal usb and appears in my computer though windows explorer.

thanks, icy :)

EDIT: on windows 7 btw

Last edited: 13 Apr 2010
  2. 666_Pounder

Hitman

Is it not an option in iTunes? Thats how I remember it from older iPods.

3. Biz.Kid09

Sgarrista

Well technically through itunes etc you cant as it uses different hdd or something to ipods....but you can use a program called 'Diskaid' i think and that works

4. icysniper

Hitman

nope :( and yeh got an ipod video and it has the option in itunes :)

will look into :)

5. Biz.Kid09

Sgarrista

6. icysniper

Hitman

yeh used it and it works but i would like the ipod to be use shown in my computer though as i need it as a usb and its got over 20gb of free space atm :)

7. 666_Pounder

Hitman

Odd that it doesn't just show up in the list, as I'm sure you know the videos etc all show up in my computer and show up on other computers.

8. icysniper

Hitman

yeh apparently no ipod touches show up, i know its plugged in, when you open itunes it appears and charges off the usb. Also just plugged into ps3 to see if it pops up and it hasn't :( even though its charging lol :D

9. Biz.Kid09

Sgarrista

Oh do you have to look at the files through Diskaid? I dont think there is any other alternatives im afraid.

10. Margaret

PermaBanned

The iPod Touch and iPhone aren't like the older hard drive based iPods, you can't use them like a hard disc through My Computer.

11. icysniper

Hitman

yeh its because apple havent written software for the flash memory to be used as a removable usb, i was just wondering if there was any alternative around this :)