Aoc CU34G2X/BK 3440x1440 Ultrawide (good price)

Associate
pre ordered this monitor beginning of the week, hoping it be in stock soon. heard good reviews and good price for a ultra wide.. will look forward to seeing the difference from 1920x1080p . Anyone else ordered and whats there experience with the monitor so far?

Associate
Hi. I have been looking at his monitor but have decided I will likely get either the FLAT Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 (check out: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...1440-144hz-1ms-ips-freesync-for-400.18886990/) OR the CURVED Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 (1500R Curve) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro. I started a thread on the curved panel here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...144hz-va-panel-freesync-premium-pro.18888669/ This Iiyama uses the same panel as the AOC, hence my reply - if not aware.

I have asked OcUK if they will stock the curved Iiyama (available in Europe this month) and am waiting to hear back from them. It should retail for ~£400-430. If you google Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 you can find out some more about the monitor specifications. It looks very similar except it has a less 'gaming orientated stand' (which I prefer) and I note the Iiyama is stating Freesync Premium Pro, where as the AOC is Freesync Premium (no Pro certification). Given they both use the same panel and that neither are HDR1000 am not sure if that matters.

Food for thought?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply back, that monitor (Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1) looks fairly decent for the price, didnt see that when looking the other day, was a struggle looking for a decent 34" ultra wide for the price. i saw a good couple of decent reviews for the aoc reason why i went for that one. just hoping overclockers have them in stock soon.

Associate
I am hoping the Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 will be a good monitor. As I said before it uses the same panel as the AOC and has essentially the same features. I note the Iiyama is HDR400 accredited and the AOC is not. Although my limited understanding of HDR accreditation is that if you really care about HDR you need a monitor with HDR600+. Only at HDR600 will you really see/benefit from HDR visuals. For our situation with a budget of £400-600 and looking at UW, then HDR600+ is not possible at the moment. Howeever, I don't know if the Iiyama engineers have made additional tweaks to get more from the panel, given it has HDR400 accreditation. Reviews doing calibration tests will reveal how good it is. The IPS Iiyama seems to be well calibrated from the factory from the very limited reviews/remarks given. Either way, I suspect we will be driven by stock availability first!

Back
Top Bottom