AOC G2260VWQ6 freesync monitor (RMA) = crap.

Associate
So.. bought the monitor mentioned a few months back, come 20th december 2016 it had developed a few faults - dead pixel clusters, backlight bleed that was only getting worse and spreading from top right corner and the left-side.

I've been in the process of constant RMA's as the "replacement" they sent out had far worse faults warped screen, bleed, burnt pixels + weird yellow colour tint.

That was sent straight back around the 2nd of january (xmas deliveries etc) they said they could see the faults, repaired it, sent it back around the 10th of january - only it was FAR worse, the monitor still had a warped panel and weird yellow-colour tint + would start to buzz and whine very loudly after an hours use, the screen would then flicker.

For safetys sake it went straight back in it's box - contacted AOC once again, this time they took weeks to respond and only collected it and sent out a replacement around the 30th of january. yep. 20-days later.

The replacement they sent, you guessed it - same god damn issues as the buzzy, whiney, flickery one.

Have sent them a lengthy email but still waiting a response, it sucks absolute donkey balls - using one of my old 19" monitors from years back now for god knows how much longer.

If any of you plan on buying this monitor/model I urge you not to do it!

AOC's support service is sluggish and the company they use to issue replacements (repairtech) are not any better by any means, the replacements I've received look as though the box has been opened and the monitor(s) tampered with, scratched stands/bezels, broken cables and foreign chinese + US only power-plugs.

Associate
AOC's support service is sluggish and the company they use to issue replacements (repairtech) are not any better by any means, the replacements I've received look as though the box has been opened and the monitor(s) tampered with, scratched stands/bezels, broken cables and foreign chinese + US only power-plugs.
Repairtech are terrible. I've had so many horrible experiences with them, both privately and through work, that I will not now buy from any brand that uses them for RMA service. We really should have a thread listing what brands to avoid.

Underboss
That's a shame I got one for my daughters PC build the Christmas before last and it has been faultless, same as my AOC Gysnc panel.

Hopefully they send you a good one soon.

Associate
hi, I am very disappointed to hear of the service (or lack of service) you have received.

please accept my apologies and give me the opportunity to resolve this for you

Associate
further to my response yesterday, Repairtech will be contacting you today and I have requested a new unit as a replacement

again, please accept our apologies

Associate
OP
AOC UK;30467011 said:
further to my response yesterday, Repairtech will be contacting you today and I have requested a new unit as a replacement

again, please accept our apologies

Have not heard any response from you through here and I'm not entirely sure how you would be able to find the details relating to my particular RMA.

I've not received a new unit - the one I've received on the 6th of February has the exact same issues - dead pixels, backlight bleed and no matter how it is calibrated colour wise with any PC/graphics card + operating system etc white is not white, it is still yellow.

Associate
demonic186;30485308 said:
Have not heard any response from you through here and I'm not entirely sure how you would be able to find the details relating to my particular RMA.

I've not received a new unit - the one I've received on the 6th of February has the exact same issues - dead pixels, backlight bleed and no matter how it is calibrated colour wise with any PC/graphics card + operating system etc white is not white, it is still yellow.

I gave dates, location and model number and have been told this has been processed now and you should have new replacement.

if not DM me your details

Associate
OP
AOC UK;30490901 said:
I gave dates, location and model number and have been told this has been processed now and you should have new replacement.

if not DM me your details

last replacement received was on the 6th of February, same issues as previous ones received + dead pixels on the left portion of the screen.

cannot find any option to message you directly? + sent support requests to AOC europe, no response from them.

Soldato
DrBombcrater;30462932 said:
Repairtech are terrible. I've had so many horrible experiences with them, both privately and through work, that I will not now buy from any brand that uses them for RMA service. We really should have a thread listing what brands to avoid.

Repairtech has been great three times I had to use the BenQ RMA process with the XL2730Z
(firmware upgrade, and two replacements due to the monitor starting to flicker after 6 months each time).

Associate
demonic186;30492147 said:
last replacement received was on the 6th of February, same issues as previous ones received + dead pixels on the left portion of the screen.

cannot find any option to message you directly? + sent support requests to AOC europe, no response from them.

my details can be found on AOC website, so guess it is no secret!, hope I don't get in trouble from the guys at OCUK

[email protected]

Associate
Panos;30492161 said:
Repairtech has been great three times I had to use the BenQ RMA process with the XL2730Z
(firmware upgrade, and two replacements due to the monitor starting to flicker after 6 months each time).
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I've had horrendous nightmares with them; one time going through four replacement monitors, all of which had obvious faults that even a monkey would have noticed.

They once sent me a replacement BenQ monitor that had sticky white gunk leaking out of it...

My most recent experience with them was at work when we RMA'd a pair of laptops with failed motherboards. Repairtech sent a letter agreeing that the laptops were in warranty and had faulty boards, but refused to repair them (the repair was 'outside the scope of the warranty') and demanded £580 to do the work. Otherwise we could pay £120 to get the broken laptops back, or Repairtech would chuck them in the bin and only bill us £80 for doing so.

Fortunately my boss knows someone in senior management at the laptop manufacturer's UK arm who was able to kick Repairtech's backside and get them to do their job correctly. But not everyone has that option and it shouldn't be necessary.

Back
Top Bottom