Aorus B450 review

Soldato
https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/mainboard/120188-aorus-b450-pro/

As been mentioned with Aorus AM4 boards of 'Hyrbid design' and 8+3 VRM.

board is 4 High-side MOSFETs + 8 LOW-side MOSFETs & 8 chokes - hence the Hybrid name

8+3 VRM has been dropped as it needs 8 high side to be true 8 Phase .

look forward to seeing how aorus 4 high and 8 low vs strix 4 high 4 low doubler plays out :)

*********""

pKzvwXe.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
the IR3556 is a powerstage so gate driver + high side mosfet + low side mosfet are combined in one package. By writing 1H1L, it implies highside and lowside are separated and technically it's not true.

there was more on reddit, i just copied half the text from the rep. with everything that happened with Ultra and Pro B350 board- guessing was trying to make it as simple . might not of been the case .

An Australian store has the ITX board pre-listed at $229 AUS, roughly £130. Seems about right given the Asus Strix B450-I is about £160.

specially with better wifi- not sure on audio side

Seems eteknix expects it to be cheaper the. b450 Pro WiFi £120 odd... If it lands at £109... Damn

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea when the ITX is going to be released? I've read the review on Guru but it doesn't seem to give any pertinent details like price or release date. Waiting on this before I buy the rest of my new build.

Soldato
Gigabyte have only just put it up on their site - it wasn't there on Monday when I first read this thread, but it is there as of yesterday (Friday) - so I shouldn't think it was going to be too long.

Soldato
OP
Any idea when the ITX is going to be released? I've read the review on Guru but it doesn't seem to give any pertinent details like price or release date. Waiting on this before I buy the rest of my new build.

@GIGA-Man gigabyte rep might be able to help ?

Thinking of one of these in new Phantels Evolv case with ATX board .
US rep was quite active about it on Reddit , so cleared up VRMs etc which seems to have gone down well

This the review you were on about ?

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte-aorus-b450-i-pro-wifi-review,1.html

Good to see VRMs at a nice temp :)

Back
Top Bottom