• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
@Zerolimitz on the software you have your fans set as 'semi passive'. Click on the icon again to set on full spin and it'll always stay on. I had the same issue wondering why my fans weren't spinning with it's LEDs all off then clicked on that icon on the bottom right and it started working.

Associate
So far so good, only got to play a bit of CoD at 1080p but max settings. FPS capped at 144fps (max refresh & resolution of my current monitor). Card was quiet but probably wasn't stretched enough. Looking to buy a 1440p UW monitor to make full use of the card... and 20th Nov for BFV... but overall so far so good. Then again I am upgrading from 2 generations down from a Gigabyte 970GTX Windforce G1.

It's a heavy card but no sag and any need for the stand that comes with it. LEDs and overall design are a beaut!

Associate
So far so good, only got to play a bit of CoD at 1080p but max settings. FPS capped at 144fps (max refresh & resolution of my current monitor). Card was quiet but probably wasn't stretched enough. Looking to buy a 1440p UW monitor to make full use of the card... and 20th Nov for BFV... but overall so far so good. Then again I am upgrading from 2 generations down from a Gigabyte 970GTX Windforce G1.

It's a heavy card but no sag and any need for the stand that comes with it. LEDs and overall design are a beaut!

Good to hear positive feedback.

Which card did you buy?

Associate
Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme version. Going to do some OC and benchmarking over the weekend and will post results here.

My current spec:

Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8 Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance
Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme
Asus Rog Strix Z270F
512GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO
27" Samsung Gaming Monitor C27FG70

Last edited:
Associate
Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme version. Going to do some OC and benchmarking over the weekend and will results here.

My current spec:

Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8 Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance
Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme
Asus Rog Strix Z270F
512GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO
27" Samsung Gaming Monitor C27FG70
Massive upgrade from the 970 :eek:

Have fun! Look forward to hearing the results :)

Associate
@Zerolimitz on the software you have your fans set as 'semi passive'. Click on the icon again to set on full spin and it'll always stay on. I had the same issue wondering why my fans weren't spinning with it's LEDs all off then clicked on that icon on the bottom right and it started working.

Tried that too mate same thing middle fan spins other 2 wont already packed and ready for RMA guess ill be waiting a long time for a replacement :(

Caporegime
So I got mine yesterday. Ordered it the day before when there was 4 left in stock.

Not particularly Wowed to be honest. I upgraded from a 1080.

This card is loud and hot.

I can't finish an OC scan because it hits the temp limit and it offers a measly +43 mhz to pit on the clock. It stops half way through the scan every time.

Doesn't sound great, you'd think with 3 100mm fans and a large heatsink it would run cooler.

Associate

Well that sorted that out! Thanks pal

Associate
Can somebody confirm if box in which Aorus GPU came has any stickers over openings ?? Thanks

My box did not have any stickers on. However antistatoc bag had this yellows sticker from Gigabyte

bPZ0X0

Last edited:
Associate
Put my non-xtreme card in my rig just now.

Done a bit of messing around in "Aorus engine", another horrible piece of Gigabyte software to contend with.

Somewhat randomly slapped the boost clock to 1810MHz and the memory to the same as the Xtreme version (14,140MHz) and manual fan control at 90%, probs too loud for many. This achieves 2,070 MHz on the core when a game starts, which obviously drops when the card heats up.

After the temps seem to stabilise in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, 4K, Highest Preset, uncapped framerate (get about 55-65 in the area I've been testing) the temps are around 72C and the core clock is 1,995 MHz with my case door open...

As I've mounted the card vertically in my Phanteks Evolv X using the built in mount, there is probably less than an inch of space between the fans and the glass, obviously not ideal, and the temps shoot up by 12C to 84C and core clock drops to between 1965-1980 MHz.

I'm gonna put everything to stock and also run a "OC Scanner" utility to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom