Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Caporegime
Just had an email from Overclockers regarding my ultra. It is indeed dead as the proverbial dodo. Luckily stock has hit so I should be getting the replacement imminently. I won’t be updating the bios for a while tbh, probably a few months. Not until I am fully satisfied that all problems have been ironed out and is a proven 100% reliable bios.

Soldato
OP
Just had an email from Overclockers regarding my ultra. It is indeed dead as the proverbial dodo. Luckily stock has hit so I should be getting the replacement imminently. I won’t be updating the bios for a while tbh, probably a few months. Not until I am fully satisfied that all problems have been ironed out and is a proven 100% reliable bios.

This is my worry for those going B450 boards to save cash. Agesa 1.0.0.3 and 3AB were large updates and still so much for AMD to sort out alo g with vendor issues or tweaks. Will soon eat up bios space

Associate
The boards arrived at OCUK when I said they would and have now been booked into stock. While we do have tracking numbers for the goods shipping into the UK, OCUK also need to check the shipment and then book it into stock.
Have always been honest and given the info I can to the guys on the forum, it would be a little short sighted of me to lie to keep an order or two..
The GIGA-Man delivers!
Fair play! If only the 3900x MIA cargo that got lost at the Bermuda turned up! Last I heard a certain Croft was looking for the treasure...

Caporegime
This is my worry for those going B450 boards to save cash. Agesa 1.0.0.3 and 3AB were large updates and still so much for AMD to sort out alo g with vendor issues or tweaks. Will soon eat up bios space
Yeah, the bloke at Overclockers support actually told me to leave it alone for a while as he doesn’t think the new bios are totally there yet. Still lots to iron out.

Soldato
Yeah, the bloke at Overclockers support actually told me to leave it alone for a while as he doesn’t think the new bios are totally there yet. Still lots to iron out.

Exactly my plan just waiting the the bigger issues to play out before I rush into things. Happy to do that as AMD aren't Intel, they both have teething problems but I expect a few more with AMD just down to their relative lack of resources. I'm confident it will all soon be running smoothly.

Associate
can anyone tell me how I can check my temps on the ultra while in game, wanted to check the chipset as im not sure where it is in hwmonitor thanks. was gonna install ryzen master but dont want to void my warranty

Caporegime
I’m all sorted mate :)

New board appears to be working fine. Slightly new bios on it and seems to be boosting slightly higher to about 4.3 to 4.4. Still not full boost but it will do for now.

Soldato
@Plec i just realised orbi is suspended...looooooooooooool
LOL

I can think of at least 3 posts, off the top of my head, that may be the cause - he's enjoying walking a fine line at the moment :)

I hope it's only for 24/48hrs - as they're shooting themselves in the foot suspending him - he probably brings in way more revenue than he 'inadvertently' (i'll be his spin-doctor) directs away.

Man of Honour
I hope it's only for 24/48hrs - as they're shooting themselves in the foot suspending him - he probably brings in way more revenue than he 'inadvertently' (i'll be his spin-doctor) directs away.
maybe we should protest and not spec any builds until he's back. lol. :D

Soldato
maybe we should protest and not spec any builds until he's back. lol. :D
Well, i can easily assume the position of 'peaceful protester' as i'm swamped - or 'violent protetstor', i can make a couple of molitov cocktails with dubious malts i've been bought as gifts. But someone else will have to light the rag and throw - too busy :D

/Bring back Orbi!!!

@tamzzy - you realise of course we can say what we like about him for a couple of days without him being able to defend it?!

I heard he's heavily into S&M, and has a G**P, dressed as Ronald McDonald, locked away in a trunk and hid in garage. Not sure Mrs Orbi knows?

Back
Top Bottom