• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus Xtreme 1080ti stuttering and low fps...!?

Associate
Hello.. Ive recently upgraded my GPU (980ti strix) to an Aorus 1080ti Xtreme Edition GPU and ive ran into lots of problems.
The card just doesn't run properly. It stutters in games, random crashes, crashes when attempting to install drivers, stutters and freezes in youtube videos and when it does work the frames are lower than my 980ti. Ive had 2 of these cards as I sent one back thinking it was faulty but the second card shows the same issues. This is on a brand new fresh install of Windows 10.

Has anyone had or seen this before and is there a fix? I'm about to send the second card back too but am asking advice here before i do.

System Specs:
  • i7 6700k @ stock speed (normally OC to 4.6 but at stock for testing)
  • Corsair CMD16GX4M4B3200C16-ROG Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0
  • Asus Mximus Formula Vii mobo, latest Bios
  • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
  • Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440 TN G-Sync 144Hz
  • Corsair Hydro H115i 280mm cooler
  • Samsung 500gb 850 EVO M.2 SSD (main drive)
  • 2 x Samsung 850 250gb SSD
There are no other cards on the board and the 980ti strix runs buttery smooth.........
I have noticed 1 thing, according to GPU-Z my PCIe X 16 3.0 only runs @ 16 1.1. I have tried to sort this in my bios but it wont run @ 16 3.0 even with the 980ti installed.

Soldato
PCIe X 16 3.0 only runs @ 16 1.1 -> I've just checked my 970 and GPU-z says the same, so interested in this, I max the card all the time, hope I'm not missing performance lolz

Soldato
Check and update mboard bios

Ignore what gouz says about pci bus. You will be reading it whilst its idle
Are yes, if you press the ? next to this pci speed readout and run the Render Test it goes upto 3.0, hope yours does this so that's one of your questions answered OP :)

Associate
OP
Check and update mboard bios

Ignore what gouz says about pci bus. You will be reading it whilst its idle

Mobo already has latest bios as stated in original post

Are yes, if you press the ? next to this pci speed readout and run the Render Test it goes upto 3.0, hope yours does this so that's one of your questions answered OP :)

Render test stays at 1.1

Soldato
Tried running in the other PCI-E x16 slot?

Disable on board graphics.

Run DDU to remove the drivers and then reinstall.

Use different power cables to the card.

Try without g-sync?

Under clock the factory overclock.

It is a bit of an odd one, nothing obvious stands out.

Soldato
Mobo already has latest bios as stated in original post Render test stays at 1.1
Well your 1080ti is a lot more beefy than my 970, maybe it doesn't push it enough, try running unigine Heaven benchmark in a window and see if the readout in gpu-z changes when pushing the card

Associate
OP
Tried running in the other PCI-E x16 slot?

Disable on board graphics.

Run DDU to remove the drivers and then reinstall.

Use different power cables to the card.

Try without g-sync?

Under clock the factory overclock.

It is a bit of an odd one, nothing obvious stands out.

Tried all of the above and still the same.........

Well your 1080ti is a lot more beefy than my 970, maybe it doesn't push it enough, try running unigine Heaven benchmark in a window and see if the readout in gpu-z changes when pushing the card

unigine Heaven doesn't run correctly with this card as with all the other bench mark progs I have. Loads of stuttering, very low FPS and freezing/crashing.........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom