Aorus Z370 gaming 7 issues

Associate
Kind People , i have the above board and while its very pretty , im disliking it more and more . I always have the 66 debug code visible , and i know people have said its nothing but , who would buy something brand new with an obvious error on it and not want it fixed etc ...

My first biggest issue is the booting , on occasion when i boot up i get an error message saying it cant find an operating system , i have windows 10 installed on my m.2 drive. It asks me to check my drives etc. I have to hit power off or the hard reset button and 9 times out of 10 it will then boot into windows

My second biggest issue is the sound , especially you tube , the sound is always out of sync , sometime a reboot can help short term but thats about it. Bios is up to date along with all other drivers .

I've spoke to gigabyte MANY times and all they have come up with is a windows reinstall or to RMA it to ocuk , pointless customer service.

RMA is all fine but i could be without my board for a couple of weeks and what am i supposed to use in the meantime , i dont have monies for a spare board especially for the 8700k.

Does anyone else have these issues or am i just real unlucky , kinda wish id gone for the asus board now , but this one does look better !!

Please help , im running out of hair to pull out ...

Last edited:
Associate
Hi

I have the same board but of the issues you raised, I only suffer with the 66 debug code. I'd rather have the reassurance of seeing 'AO' but, as a heavy metal (saddo? :p), I just liken it to 666 "The Number of the Beast" and excuse it that way. The monster in the machine or what have you.

People that know better than I frequent these forums and will hopefully assist, but I would not have thought that the audio sync option was motherboard related? Or, if it could be, that there could be a number of other factors to consider first. Again, I'm afraid that is just my pondering on the matter, I can't offer a wonderful solution I'm afraid.

My boot disk is also an M2 drive, Windows 10, and I do not experience the error you have described either.

I'm generally happy with the board. I think the Aorus logo, depicting a flexing eagle, is really silly but I've overclocked my 8700K to 5Ghz with it and my system is stable so no cause for complaint here.

Associate
I have a gaming 7 with an M.2 and I get an A0 boot code - which is normal.

Did you install windows with UEFI mode? I had a similar problem on my Ultra Gaming Z370.

T.Kay raises a very good point. The gaming 7 will put an M.2 Disk last in the list of disks. Unless you configure the BIOS to ONLY boot to that drive then it WILL install a boot manager on your secondary drive ( which it sees ahead of your M.2 ) and that could be what's causing your problems. During OS installation you really need to either set the BIOS to only boot to the M.2 or remove any secondary drives. How can you tell if it messed it up? Download a partion manager such as Minitool Partiton Wizard and look on your secondary drive. If there is a UEFI partition then that may well explain the problems. I normally just wipe the secondary disk, set up the BIOS and re-install Windows to the M.2. I never tried it but it may be possible to just delete the UEFI partition on the secondary disk and the set the BIOS to boot to the M.2 ... it may work. If not, you may have to re-install Windows though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom