Aperture control on D750

Soldato
Sorry for the seemingly stupid question but I'm used to using Fuji with a mechanical dial that works.

I have only just picked the D750 up but I am finding the only way I can manually control the aperture on this DSLR is by physically setting the mechanical aperture ring on the lens to F22 and then rotating the front sub command wheel on the camera.

I'm assuming this is normal for this camera given there is only a tiny amount of space to physically rotate the mechanical aperture dial with your finger on these lenses and that when doing so it does nothing but give an FEE error on the display. The lenses I have tried are the 24-85mm 2.8-4 D, the 50mm Nikkor 1.8 & the 50-200 f2.8 D.

Edit: Ignore. 20 mins of ruling out dirty contacts and not having the lense seated correctly on google states I am correct.

Last edited:
Associate
For D series lenses you always leave the aperture on F/22 and use the sub command dial to adjust the aperture (that's why they have a little orange locking tab/switch). The aperture ring was for AF lenses in the 90's/early 00's to maintain full compatibility with older film Nikon SLRs (think F4 and older). There'll be a setting in the menu that allows you to use the aperture ring like on a Fuji/older film camera, it's somewhere in the command dial settings.

Back
Top Bottom