1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apex Legends (rumoured Titanfall BR Game)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by kinger8938, Feb 4, 2019.

1. redrooster303

Wise Guy

Hmm, not sure then. These are hard crashes (like CTD on PC). It can't be server related.

First couple of nights I only had about 3 crashes (along with lost connection to EA servers).

I'm using a Pro with boost mode enabled so that could be it, otherwise it seems like an intermittent issue but was terrible last night. 12 crashes out of maybe 17 games, other people would lose connection/crash too as they be running along and just vanish lol.

New game so I'm sure it'll be fixed, better than a lot of EA's releases on launch cough:Battlefield:cough

2. Plainsong

Soldato

I've lost connection a few times but never whilst playing. Seems to happen when I leave the current session. I'd put that down to current popularity and server load. I think I'll grab the PS4 version to compare the two. Not got a Pro though.

3. mid_gen

Sgarrista

@Dredd sorry I was just sneaking a round in on my lunch break earlier when I got your invite!

I'll be on from around 7pm UK time on xbox if anyone fancies teaming up. Middgen on XBL. I don't have a mic, unless my PS4 headset will work....I'll happily just follow the lead though. Only played 5-6 rounds so still learning the ropes.

4. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Got my first win tonight

Was trying to play Shield guy for ages, but I seem much better with Lifeline.

5. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Had a few games this evening...starting to get a feel for the weapons which makes a huge difference. Don't feel like the character makes a massive difference....need to make sure I use the abilities more though.

I feel like shield guy should be pretty strong, but don't seem to last long with him. Should just stick to Bangalore or Pathfinder.

6. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I wonder if his hitbox is bigger as he's quite a big guy.

7. robfosters

Caporegime

What a slow download server. I've got a 350mb connection and its gonna take 3 hours!

8. Plainsong

Soldato

Took me around 30 minutes. Not very helpful but there it is :)

9. Jonny L

Wise Guy

Anybody playing on Xbox one? Could do with some people to play with. Add me if you want a game - Loomybot

10. redrooster303

Wise Guy

Turns out its a known issue with the text to chat option in the settings, it's bugged on the Pro (dont know about PS4 and XBOX) if you turn it on it constantly crashes.

11. wingman

Mobster

Playing on PS4, drop me a trust if anyone wants to play with me!

Very much enjoying it so far.

12. rickjames

Mobster

Only played 1 game so far yesterday afternoon, but took nearly 10 minutes to get into a game. Welp.

13. Plainsong

Soldato

Yeah it was busy at times this weekend. Man, I suck at this game. Loving it though :)

14. justbeats

Mobster

Playing on ps4 and really enjoying it. Small twists on gameplay add a very nice element, biggest problems as always are your teammates, not using characters abilities properly, running off around on their own etc so a good team is essential.

Thumbs up to Respawn Entertainment as usual.

15. Plainsong

Soldato

16. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Outstanding! let's hope they don't go mad with power and make it tacky like fortnite ;)

Squading up with some mates online for the first time properly on this tonight. Hopefully means I'll get more out of it

17. Plainsong

Soldato

Oh you definitely will. Playing on comms with my son is a million times more effective than playing silent solo. Probably because he carries me and wrecks everyone else but apart from that the communication is so much better :) Even the ping system is pretty good if people actually use it.

18. mid_gen

Sgarrista

I sneak in the odd game without comms and it's pretty brutal (sorry Dredd :p).

Need to get a mic adapter for my headphones because having decent position audio makes a huge difference as well.

19. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Playing it on pc and it's amazing, unsure if I should try on ps4 pro or not?

100 times better than pubg

20. rickjames

Mobster

Anyone on Xbox fancy a few games tonight? My mic is broken (I think), but my headphones are OK