*** Apex Legends ***

Soldato
Quick game this evening, something went wrong during matchmaking so I ended up being solo. Figured I might as well carry on anyway. Got a quick kill and hid while the other two ran off. Tootled around the map using pathfinder radar to get into good sniping positions and just kept taking potshots at the other teams when they got into firefights, then running off again.

Came second, finally busted when the circle was about 10m across and I had to give away my position :>
Ha ha nice :p I do like to have a play with the triple take now and again and took four low health players out with four shots, and then took the scavengers out gorging on their boxes, was quite entertaining to say the least.

I'm really not up to spec on Pathfinder, how do you use his radar?

Soldato
There are comm towers across the map which Pathfinder can activate to show your team where the next ring will form. Really useful passive. My son mains Pathfinder and we're generally always at the end unless we get a bad drop and wipe in the first 60 seconds!

Caporegime
I've never had a problem with the ring to be honest. Never been killed by it in many games

You can get around the map very quickly in an emergency by using the grapples up to the balloons.

Soldato
There are comm towers across the map which Pathfinder can activate to show your team where the next ring will form. Really useful passive. My son mains Pathfinder and we're generally always at the end unless we get a bad drop and wipe in the first 60 seconds!
I see so it's his passive ability, can't say I have even noticed whilst using him! But have only ever done so for the trophies but will have another dabble with him. I'm still to give Caustic a go but the kids are majorly hogging the TV this week, might get a look-in tonight :)

Soldato
I've never had a problem with the ring to be honest. Never been killed by it in many games

You can get around the map very quickly in an emergency by using the grapples up to the balloons.

This is true but with Pathfinder knowing where it will be can be the difference if you move early and set up a defense. Watching others run into the ring whilst you are camped high up within it can make life very easy for your squad and a nightmare for the others. When the ring is at its smallest it's basically a free for all but before that you can get a lot of kills in (well, my son can, I just hide somewhere until he's taken them all out :p )

Soldato
I prefer to move and fight than camp, it's too faced paced for that.

I'd camp in PUBG if I happened to be in the ring for many rounds.

True dat. I've got 5-6 wins now, and the key is 1) knowing the map, and 2) moving.

If you get into a straight up firefight with another team at medium/long range....there's literally no point wasting your ammo, you'll both just use up your consumables. Best option is to break off and try to re-engage from a different angle and get the jump on them. Pitched fights where you're both in cover and can see each other is a mug's game.

Been playing pathfinder for a while, but switched to Bloodhound, she's a beast. Wingman + EVA8, if you engage another team, just pop Beast of the Hunt, run around and flank, and tear them up.

Wingman is so effective, you really need to use it, even with my potato aim, it totally owns at close-to-medium range, second only to Hemlok in single fire. R99 and EVA-8 are real up close favourites.

Soldato
Managed to bait a couple of people to use my zip line even though they had the last circle earlier, don't know what they were thinking lol

Omg they are literally the worlds dumbest players, how did they get to the last two squads? :p
To be honest you were up there that long i would have ran around, flanked you, and stuck a nice package or two on your behind, easy pickings... ;)

Soldato
The player base is getting worse with it though. Had a run of 4-5 games this afternoon where people disconnected or jumped solo, ignored banners etc. Playing with randoms is getting increasingly painful

Soldato
It's been OK for me this weekend. Occasionally I get people leaving or ignoring banners but it happens rarely. I've had some great wins and near wins with randoms. Been playing it both on XB1 and PS4.

Associate
This game is really starting to grow on me, I'm only playing as Lifeline for now to get used to it but managed a few wins last night. I only seen to do well using the shottys especially the Peacemaker.
I'm probably not going to buy anything from the store but I may do in the future when they add more characters,maps and weapons etc which seems inevitable.
Hope they port it to Switch aswell.

Soldato
I absolute love this (the first multiplayer game beyond PUBG that I actually get on with actually)... though the appeal of these skins for real money seems bizarre to me. Being 1st person you don't even see your character 99% of the time?!

Is that all the battle pass actually gives you? What's the disadvantage of playing without getting the pass?

Back
Top Bottom