Apologies to Rotty's Missus...

Soldato
Here are the pictures from Cadwell today.
SDI_9745.jpg

Holding people up much? :p

Soldato
How much training do you have to do before they let you loose on such tracks?

Leaving a bunch of amateurs to their own devices looks like a recipe for disaster. :p

Soldato
Awesome stuff. :cool: :D

Where'd you get the car control day for £40? Everywhere I've looked the airfield days are like £200. :(

;)

Would love to take the 328 on track, but really want to do one of those days first...although Bedford is tempting anyway due to loads of run off. :)

Leaving a bunch of amateurs to their own devices looks like a recipe for disaster. :p

That's how they are run, amatures on track, no training required...although they go through all the safety stuff at the start of the day. :)

Soldato
@ the OP, Slightly OT but after reading that you borked an HT lead on the 'ring, can you tell me how easy it was to get hold of replacement parts there or did you take them with you?
I haven't seen anyone mention what services are available there RE parts/tyre fitting etc.

Nice to see you enjoyed Cadwell BTW. A nice circuit to drive IMHO which strikes a good balance between fun and demanding.

Soldato
OP
Let's play a game, this is everything I've taken out for weight saving purposes. How much does it all weigh (I have weighed it)? :p

P1050863.jpg

Soldato
OP
;)

Would love to take the 328 on track, but really want to do one of those days first...although Bedford is tempting anyway due to loads of run off. :)

We should be going on the 18th if you fancy it? :)

@ the OP, Slightly OT but after reading that you borked an HT lead on the 'ring, can you tell me how easy it was to get hold of replacement parts there or did you take them with you?
I haven't seen anyone mention what services are available there RE parts/tyre fitting etc.

Nice to see you enjoyed Cadwell BTW. A nice circuit to drive IMHO which strikes a good balance between fun and demanding.

Very easy in the end - it got done on Easter Monday too! I will give you the name of the garage I used if you want? Cost me £60 or so - ADAC recovered my car to the place. There's generally a lot of support over there.

:D

looks a nice budget track car. those car limit days look interesting too...

found North Weald for 38 quid! :eek:

We did it at North Weald with carlimits. Well worth the money.

Soldato
OP
What's the gulf oil coloured car in the far background?

We thought it was a Radical of some sort. Whatever it was, it was very, very rapid.

No training needed at all :p. They are generally well marshalled days. The people who do tend to come off do it early on so pootle round the track sheepishly for the rest of the day out of harms way.

Associate
Looking at all the guff you have chucked im going to have to say the region of 30-40kg. Im currently considering removing my rear seats, they serve no purpose at all unless you have no legs. The only down side I can see is that when its my turn to drive to supermarket all the shopping is going to fly everywhere. Also from reading this im half wondering if passing on a mint 318is that came up for sale last year was a good thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom