1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently I need new cables for new PSU?

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by rn2, Sep 20, 2018.

1. rn2

Gangster

Just went on the Be quiet website and I want to upgrade my old Be Quiet! CM BQT L8-730W Pure Power 80 Bronze (is this a Pure Power 8 Model?) to a Straight Power 11 750W.

I selected what I assumed to be my old PSU on the website (Pure Power 8) to check if I need cables and it came up with...

Drives Tick
    PCI-E Cross
    P4/8 Cross
    24-PIN Cross.

I am thinking of getting somebody to upgrade for me as I am not good with the hardware side of things. I have ordered the new PSU though.

2. adidan

Gangster

I don't understand.

You've ordered a new PSU? PSUs come with all the cables they're designed to take.

3. james.miller

Capodecina

The psu comes with all the cables. They are different to your existing cables though, not compatible at least according to Be Quite, so you'll need to swap the old ones out for the new ones.

4. rn2

Gangster

Okay that's helped. What's the point of them having this feature on their website? I guess its informative in a way.

5. mattyfez

Sgarrista

It seems you've just looked up your old PSU and looked at what cables it comes with.

All PSU specifications list what cables they come with as you might be running multiple graphics cards or lots of drives or whatever.

Normaly when swapping PSUs out you'd pull all the power cables out too and use the ones that come with the new one.