Apple becomes most valuable firm of all time

Soldato
Caporegime
Well this certainly wont last for long, there are murmurs of dissent amongst the Apple fans.

The death of Jobs, may as well be the death of Apple to some.

/Just saying

Associate
Now they are saying on the radio that its not.

With inflation in account, IBM remains the historic winner with a 1967 value of $1.3 trillion.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a shame their products are all design over usefulness.

Not that I'm an Apple fanboy (heck I own nothing that's made from Apple) but people want something stylish which looks amazing. A vast majority of people who I know who have dual/quad core Intel Macbooks and 8gb RAM etc just use it for word processing and the internet. For them that usefulness is the same as any other Acer/Dell/Panasonic etc laptop will provide, but the added bonus that it looks good.

Ditto MP3 players, iPads, and anything else that they produce.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Impressive stuff, they've dominated and controlled the mobile device market exceptionally well, and are continuing to do so.

Some people like to slate them, but you can't deny their products satisfy most people's needs.

Soldato
I've owned a few apple products over the years and while they've been nice they're absolutely form over function, it's just a massive shame, in my opinion, that what is endemic in society is a love of expensive, well packaged tat where in reality something 1/4 of the price is just as good if not better!

Soldato
Impressive stuff, they've dominated and controlled the mobile device market exceptionally well, and are continuing to do so.

Some people like to slate them, but you can't deny their products satisfy most people's needs.

Exactly my point. Most people want to phone people and play Angry Birds - iPod, iPhone and iPad.
Most people want to go on the internet and word process - iPad and Laptop.

People including me slate their products because they don't seem to capture what enthusiasts like me want. But who cares, people like are a small % of their market and they have captured what a majority of people want, and it's something stylish.

Permabanned
If you taken into account the inflation since 1999, the valuation of Microsoft back then would be $851M now.

With inflation in account, IBM remains the historic winner with a 1967 value of $1.3 trillion.

I'm not really sure why people are trying to calculate inflation into the equation, doesn't seem in the slightest bit relevant to me.

Much the same as Apple's market cap is fairly irrelevant to the company's actual value. Valued at $620b... with over $100bn in cash reserves...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Exactly my point. Most people want to phone people and play Angry Birds - iPod, iPhone and iPad.
Most people want to go on the internet and word process - iPad and Laptop.

People including me slate their products because they don't seem to capture what enthusiasts like me want. But who cares, people like are a small % of their market and they have captured what a majority of people want, and it's something stylish.

Precisely, and there are great alternatives anyway for people who have more specific/advanced requirements, so I genuinely don't understand the hatred aimed at them.

They would be insane to change their whole ethos just to satisfy a small group of people.

Caporegime
They are only stylish because you have been told its stylish so many times you buy into it and want a little bit of that perceived style to rub off onto you and your humdrum mundane lifestyle.

its a hell of an achievement though.

Back
Top Bottom