apple cinema display 27 inch with msi gp62mvr 7rfx leopard pro gaming laptop

Associate
apple cinema display 27 inch with msi gp62mvr 7rfx leopard pro gaming laptop

My problem is that I cant get proper connection with this msi gaming laptop and with apple cinema display.
Do I need some drivers or adapter or what to make these 2 work together?
Is there any forum I could get help with this problem?
when I connect cinema display to laptops port nothing happends.
Thanks for help! My operation system is windows 10 home.

Associate
OP
Hard to say. I just bought It as used.

Seller did not inform me about that.

Is there way to find out the model?

this is what Ive seen on other site:

I have this Apple Thunderbolt display.
it works fine with my Macbook Pro. I also want to connect it to my Windows laptop via HDMI. I bought this converter, which converts the HDMI signal to DisplayPort. Everything plugs in just fine, but the display just does not turn on. I tried a variety of resolution settings.
Note: this display does not have a power button. It just turns on when I plug it into a Mac. There is no activity when I plug it into the DisplayPort converter."

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
´with mini display port that came with the monitor.

tested all the drivers and nothing helps!

maybe got scammed by the seller. :(

anyway to proof If the seller was cheating?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
So you are connecting it with a displayport cable to the mini displayport connection on the laptop? No adapters being used?

Are both the display and the laptop plugged in and running from mains power? Some laptops won't run an external display unless running on mains power.

Does the laptop have any display or GPU settings in the BIOS? For example my Thinkpad will only run an external display if set to run on the dedicated GPU rather than the integrated GPU.

Are you able to confirm that the laptop works on another monitor?

Do you know anyone with an Apple device to test the display on? Or at least on another non Apple laptop?

I don't know about this monitor but someone above asked if it was the Thunderbolt variant. It might be helpful if you post the exact model number here. Presumably it's on the monitor somewhere in tiny writing.

Associate
If it's _definitely_ the Thunderbolt display, then it'll only work on Thunderbolt ports. Connector on Thunderbolt 1 & 2 is physically identical to MiniDP, and will fit, but you'll get nothing from whatever the monitor's connected to unless it's a Thunderbolt source unfortunately. There were a few PC motherboards that could output a TB signal to one of these, but I don't think they caught on much.

Adaptors won't make any difference either I believe, and again although you could physically connect, it'll still do nothing as the destination device (the monitor) is expecting Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt _only_

Man of Honour
I can't see that working. I think that adapter is just to convert a USBC with embedded Thunderbolt connection to a Thunderbolt device. Not all laptops with USBC have an embedded Thunderbolt signal. Some laptops do have it but this Toms Hardware review of your laptop (although the 6rfx instead of the 7rxf) says it doesn't have it. I also couldn't find it mentioned on the MSI specs page.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/msi-gp62mvr-leopard-pro-gaming-laptop,4782.html

Associate
OP
Ok!Can you tell me what little bit older apple macbooks support this port? I just need to buy used apple macbook from net. :)
Please give me list of all apple macbooks that with this port works with? thanks for help!
(tested the cable and did not work)

Back
Top Bottom