Apple customer service.... Got to love it

Associate
In this day of sub standard service and unhelpful staff, every now and then I get reminded of how good apple can be.

Last week the hard drive failed in my 2009 27" iMac, I had no AppleCare but booked myself in at the genius bar in Trafford centre and off I went.

When I turned up in store the display on my phone changed to allow me to check in and within about 10 seconds a woman approached me using my name and tool a few questions. Then go to the genius himself who not only new his stuff but was helpful and said if the hard drive was fine he wouldn't charge me for a reinstall of the os and the diagnostic fee, even though I was well out of warrenty. While he was testing the system he pointed out a yellow tinge in the top left corner of the LCD which I have never noticed and ordered me a new panel which would be fitted at no cost.

I walked away almost in shock at how well I was treated and the overall experience. I know apple charge a premium but for CS like that I have no complaints.

Soldato
Yeah. Got my 2009 iMac screen replaced for some weird dark blotches at Meadowhall six months out of warranty for free.

Been an Apple owner for many years now and never had anything but excellent service.

Associate
I love the customer service. I have only ever had one issue with customer service, but even then they gave me what I wanted just to keep me happy.

My best experience was with a pair of 3rd party headphones. The control talk unit on them got wet in the rain and stopped working when I was on my way home from work. I literally walked in off the street as I pass the store everyday on my commute. I had no reciept, no box and the genius happily opened a new pair of headphones for me (after checking my name on their system) so I could walk out with a fully functioning set. Note these were not even apple's own brand headphones. I was very impressed.

EDIT: I forgot to metion the time I dropped my 7 day old iPhone 64GB 4S down the toilet (no I wasn't fapping...:p). I took it to the apple store and the genius there took pity on me (it wasnt insured and I told him the truth about what had happened). He took it apart and dried it out for me, luckily it all seemed ok. He offered to sell me a replacement for £130 if it developed any faults in the future of the warranty period (which it hasn't so far). Considering a new 64GB 4S would set me back £700, I found the offer to be very kind indeed!

Last edited:
Soldato
When it comes to customer service both Apple and Logitech have been awesome for me. If more companies had similar levels of customer service there would be a lot more happy customers out there.

Soldato
jackiechanwtf.png

That's pretty awesome service right there!

I just wish i lived closer to a Apple Store as i'd have to travel a few hundred miles to sort a few problems i've had!

Associate
Pity they are not always like that my sisters macbook screen got a crack in it appeared overnight hadn't been knocked or anything. Took it to the genius bar he said it had been knocked even though there was no impact mark or anything where the crack came from explained that it hadn't mentioned about it looked like it was a heat crack he wasn't having it had to pay £300 for a new screen even though we had applecare and it was still under warranty. Sent a complaint letter off just got a standard automated ******** reply.

Associate
Pity they are not always like that my sisters macbook screen got a crack in it appeared overnight hadn't been knocked or anything. Took it to the genius bar he said it had been knocked even though there was no impact mark or anything where the crack came from explained that it hadn't mentioned about it looked like it was a heat crack he wasn't having it had to pay £300 for a new screen even though we had applecare and it was still under warranty. Sent a complaint letter off just got a standard automated ******** reply.

Sometimes you do get people like this in store. Did you try coming back another day and trying a different person?

Soldato
Sometimes you do get people like this in store. Did you try coming back another day and trying a different person?

This ^

There's always one. My brother had an issue with the 9600 in his MBP. The guy at the store was adamant it was a chargeable fix and so was his boss. He called Apple up and they called the shop and *BOOM* the logic board was replaced gratis.

Nobody is going to get excellent support 100% of the time.

Soldato
i usually big up apples CS but then my iphone charger burnt out... not only was it a nightmare speaking to americans on the phone support , one who was shocked and another who didnt believe me , but im still waiting for the new charger 2 weeks later

didnt even get a sorry

Associate
i have always been happy but took the wires macbook in polycarbonate white one 13" the hinges had the cracks appear,

took it in no problem, they said free of charge replacement, and 2-3 days we asked any chance same day as 9am walk in ,, nope

ok so we returned home 27 mile so 54 round trip plus parking costs, same day mid avo email ready for collection ,,, ok nice but annoying so next day pick up looks ok for quick glance and were only there for that i.e. another 54 miles plus parking

home didn't look at it till next next started it up back light bleed couldn't see it in shop as bright and wasn't really looking ,, so call em yes return it and FOC repair very sorry

another journey to store and again first thing am and yup 2-3 days so eft it despite asking and querying last time times and likely hood of it happening again .. no chance

home and sure enough 3.08pm email item ready for collection

thats another 4th journey and costs parking

yes all done FOC but its obviously a flaw fault hence the need of repair in first place and 4 journeys ahem customer service at main desk excellent (except first pick up lady asked us to pay £193.00 for repair we pointed out repair was free she came back apology etc etc) but behind scenes the quality control needs looking at

norwich chapelfield is store in question

the next thing to mention we don't run vehicles that do 50mpg not there fault or mine but approx costs of 4 journeys to and from plus parking ,,adds up and none of it my fault

Last edited:
Associate
I had my iPhone 4 replaced due a stuck button 1 month out of warranty needless to say I was rather please with their CS :)

Permabanned
Recently got £140 refund on an iPad that was delivered late. Good compensation but think about right for the mess up.

Top Bottom