Apple Event - Wednesday, September 12

Caporegime
What are you blabbering on about?

Sorry if it is unclear from the quote chain I was asking how an X will get replaced as it is no longer in production yet the Apple Care is in place for >12 months

You'd get an upgrade to the XS if they ran out of X stock. Which is very unlikely.

Cheers, never had to use it so just wanted to clarify they would have adequate replacements/not 'upgraded' to an inferior model.

Man of Honour
At these prices the Apple upgrade plan is actually appealing. Spending £1,250 on a phone is a lot - I’d rather not have to go through pain in the bum insurers if there is accidental damage so Apple care seems a sound plan. With the upgrade plan, it’s the same price or I could trade in 12 months down the line if the next model is much better.

Soldato
Have I got this right?

The XS is the same screen size as a plus but smaller phone ?

It's worth noting it's not as wide as a Plus and consequently lacks the higher information density stuff you get with those phones in landscape mode (and will with the XR and XS Max) such as the split pane views in Mail/Messages etc.

Associate
Hmm. I planned to go from a 7 plus to an XS with the rumours that it would come out at £899 but now I'm thinking I'll just buy a new X for around £750. Can't justify £999 when my 7 plus is actually blazingly quick. This phone could last easily another 2 years but I really want that smaller form factor.

Soldato
At these prices the Apple upgrade plan is actually appealing. Spending £1,250 on a phone is a lot - I’d rather not have to go through pain in the bum insurers if there is accidental damage so Apple care seems a sound plan. With the upgrade plan, it’s the same price or I could trade in 12 months down the line if the next model is much better.

I feel like that's the way they're pushing people now. The only advantage to buying the phone outright is the secondary resale value. If you tend to keep phones for a couple of years before selling on though, the difference isn't actually massive anymore.

Back
Top Bottom