**** Apple Media Event - 'See you on the 7th' (7th September 2016) ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Brexit, weak pound :p

I'm surprised they didn't eat into their profits a little, things like this are usually priced to get highest price with most sales so a flat price increase would presumably hurt overall sales and best be avoided.

How do the prices actually compare to the previous model? Pound dropped a bit under 10% to the dollar so any increase above that would be odd.

Caporegime
You're comparing apples and oranges. It's £599 for the 7 32G and £819 for the 7+ 128G. The 7 128G is £699.

The 7 and 6S 128G models are the same price but the 32G slots in far nearer to the 7 64G price than the 7 16G.

7 128G jet black is clearly going to be the most in-demand model.

I am not comparing them.

It was 2 separate sentences, separated by a full stop in between.

even the "basic" iPhone 7 32G is £599, which is not enough room these days, especially with a 12mp camera.

Which is a lot of money, seeing I paid £619 for an iPhone 6 64G, which was the middle model in memory story at the time. That is what i am comparing it to.

The 128G model will be the optimum storage but that is £819!

The 128G is the optimum storage and it is £819.

Soldato
There is no price hike (when you compare at equivalent storage points)

However, they are not offering a 32Gb in jet black, which means it's another £100 for the cheapest jet black model which isn't great as that's the one I want and j don't need the extra storage.

Soldato
Is this the upgrade every year thing that has just been introduced to the UK? If so then I take it that this price for the 7?

Yep, that's the one. It actually looks like a pretty good deal if you like upgrading every year. 0% APR, so it'll be the route I will go most likely. Just want to read the full T&C's first.

Associate
I love how they are trying to push their new wireless headphone chip to show us the future of good wireless audio (if you have spare £159 lol) I am sure we will all rush out and adopt the future in headphones mwhahaha

Caporegime
There is no price hike (when you compare at equivalent storage points)

However, they are not offering a 32Gb in jet black, which means it's another £100 for the cheapest jet black model which isn't great as that's the one I want and j don't need the extra storage.

I have about 32G of data in my phone right now so a 32G phone will means i can't take any photos, and i don't have much if any music in my phone as i stream them.

A minimum storage would be 64G, which they have abolished.

Commissario
Prices are getting silly. Currently have a 64gb 6, I wouldn't want any less storage so would have to get 128gb 7 and £699 is just too much for a phone...

Soldato
So this upgrade program in 11month time if there a new one we take in our phone and upgrade to new one. If don't want upgrade we can keep
But pay the 20 month payment that right.

Associate
Prices are getting silly. Currently have a 64gb 6, I wouldn't want any less storage so would have to get 128gb 7 and £699 is just too much for a phone...

don't forget to add on £159 for the future in headphones.

Does anyone else feel like they would just fall out and break ?

i have enough troubled keeping the apple corded ones to stay in

Associate
Wait I'm thoroughly confused with the iPhone Upgrade Program.

7+ is £40 per month. Totals to £480+£49 for the year. Can then move to 7S+ the next year. Do I continue to pay £40 per month including a new plan for the 7S+?

Commissario
I have no interest in wireless earbuds, if I wanted wireless I would buy proper headphones.

Edit - Vertigo £619 I felt was silly money at the time tbh but sucked it up. I'm not paying £700, unless I think about an interest free credit card....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom