Apple Music or Spotify

Soldato
So I'm slightly bored coming back from London on the train and I was wondering what people's general thoughts are on this ? I was going to ask in the apple forum but thought I'd get a more balanced opinion in here.

Anyone used both ? I've only used Spotify while there is nothing to complain about , I can't help think the interface is sometimes a little clunky ? Is apples any better ? I signed up for the free trial and never used it so I can't use that to answer my own question :p

Soldato
I've been using Spotify for ages. When Apple Music was released, I tried it for a couple of months and went back to Spotify due to bugs with the app, and I prefer the Spotify interface.

Last week, I cancelled Spotify and am testing Apple Music again - I'm only a week in, but I think I may be back to Spotify again by the end of the month. I much prefer the interface of Spotify (On both PC and Mobile). Using Apple Music on the PC through iTunes is a terrible experience, and I don't see any advantages on the Mobile app.

So my vote goes to Spotify.

Man of Honour
If there is anything you particularly don't like about the UI in spotify the developers are usually quite responsive about making changes though seem a bit slower these days - awhile back I posted (feedback to spotify) about a couple of things that I didn't like and they rolled out changes (which were quite specific to what I was talking about) in a patch a few days later.

Man of Honour
Spotify. Would happily pay for the discover feature alone, it's incredible.

Have to say I've been getting a lot of mileage out of the discover, playlist radio and the new playlist recommended songs feature.

Soldato
OP
Interesting posts , I only asked as I am running IOS10 with a Macbook and I have only just realised Apple Music has had an overhaul have any of you used it ?

I've currently got Spotify Premium for free with my phone contract and thats due to run out soon.

Soldato
Used both. Quite simply Spotify is better than Apple Music ( interface, speed etc) but I use Apple Music. Why? In live in Asia most of the year and I can get the family version for £1.50 a month. If spotify had an Asian presence with a similar price point I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Soldato
tidal ? I had bookmarked this as a source for high quality / flac lossless for home, following a recommendation ( OC's I thought ), it has a std service too.
Did not yet try the demo myself.

Back
Top Bottom