Apple phone contract about to end - can we transfer number/data etc?

Man of Honour
My wife has an Apple 4S and I've got an Apple 6+. My contract will expire in two weeks time and I'm thinking of upgrading to a 7+. My wife wants to take my 6+ off my hands, but we want to make sure she can keep her data, her phone number and all her personal data. Can this be done without too much hassle?

Just to add, both are with O2 under contract.

Associate
1) Renew your contract with O2 and keep the same number
2) Make a full backup of her iPhone 4s using itunes
3) Make a fill backup of your iPhone 6+ using itunes
4) Restore her 4S backup to your 6+ (all contents of her 4s will be transferred to the 6+)
5) Restore your 6+ backup to your new 7+ (all contents of your 6+ will be transferred to your new 7+)

Soldato
As far as I know, iTunes doesn't back up videos, so a full backup to iTunes could still potentially lose data. Why does it not backup videos and why isn't it made abundantly clear? Because it's iTunes.

RJC

RJC

Don
When I change my phone I do a full backup to Itunes then restore to the new phone, not had any issues with video's.

One thing you need to do is get O2 to send a new sin card as the 6s will be a nano sim and the 4s is a micro sim.

Associate
My wife has an Apple 4S and I've got an Apple 6+. My contract will expire in two weeks time and I'm thinking of upgrading to a 7+. My wife wants to take my 6+ off my hands, but we want to make sure she can keep her data, her phone number and all her personal data. Can this be done without too much hassle?

Just to add, both are with O2 under contract.

I suggest you Shareit application. You can safely transfer your contacts, photos, videos, videos, etc. all at a high speed, of course, much faster than Bluetooth. Learn more about Shareit for iOS here https://shareitdownloadapps.net/shareit-for-ios/

Back
Top Bottom