Applied for job, no interview, job is re-advertised... Should I apply again?

Soldato
As thread title really. I applied for a role at a well known company on 20 Sep. I didn't really like the application process because it was just a case of upload CV on their website (no covering letter). I got an automated response but never heard back. Annoyingly I had to rush my application somewhat because I was going on holiday and there was no end date set (annoying!).

Now, I feel that I fulfil almost all of the criteria although I later found out that their bandings are quite wide ranging and the job has the potential to be more senior than I imagined (not outlandish, but it would be a big step up).

Anyway, would you apply again? I am very keen on the role and the company. I'm thinking if they didn't find someone first time around they might adjust the role/seniority a bit? I dunno, who knows what it means right?

I have some contacts on LinkedIn. Part of me thought my application might have got lost in the "pile" perhaps it's worth going via contacts I (don't really, to be honest) know?

Soldato
OP
Yeah agreed. Thanks.

If they have an option to login/apply via LinkedIn would you take that over simply uploading a CV (which is what I did before)?

Soldato
OP
So, I have applied but in a very awkward way I'm not 100% if it has gone through :(

aypolms.png

The page has this at the bottom so previously I uploaded my CV and filled in the boxes. But this time, when I clicked 'Apply with Linkedin' it didn't do anything apart from fill in my Name etc. in the boxes you see. No other confirmation, so I hit 'Submit Application' :confused: Has anyone ever seen that before when applying via Linkedin? I'm assuming that because it autofilled my details -- all my info has been passed on. But I don't want to look like an idiot and do it again...

Soldato
So, I have applied but in a very awkward way I'm not 100% if it has gone through :(

aypolms.png

The page has this at the bottom so previously I uploaded my CV and filled in the boxes. But this time, when I clicked 'Apply with Linkedin' it didn't do anything apart from fill in my Name etc. in the boxes you see. No other confirmation, so I hit 'Submit Application' :confused: Has anyone ever seen that before when applying via Linkedin? I'm assuming that because it autofilled my details -- all my info has been passed on. But I don't want to look like an idiot and do it again...

Yep, seen it plenty of times. I fill in the gaps manually as the auto filler via LinkedIn does not work all the time.

Soldato
OP
Yep, seen it plenty of times. I fill in the gaps manually as the auto filler via LinkedIn does not work all the time.
Yeah it's a bit rubbish as you get no sort-of confirmation that your Linkedin profile has been passed through :confused:

But I did get an automated email from them confirming my application, so I guess I'll just sit tight.

I listened to one of their podcasts about recruitment and they definitely seemed keen on Linkedin (you can think of them as a FB/Google type company even though they're not in the same industry, they're similarly well-known though. Hence why they do a podcast) so I guess this approach might help. I wonder if I should buck-up my activity on there, do people ever ask for introductions on Linkedin etc? I've never done any of that, even though I am well-connected on there. I wonder if I should ask for intros to some other employees at the company through the people I'm already connected to?

Soldato
Yeah it's a bit rubbish as you get no sort-of confirmation that your Linkedin profile has been passed through :confused:

But I did get an automated email from them confirming my application, so I guess I'll just sit tight.

I listened to one of their podcasts about recruitment and they definitely seemed keen on Linkedin (you can think of them as a FB/Google type company even though they're not in the same industry, they're similarly well-known though. Hence why they do a podcast) so I guess this approach might help. I wonder if I should buck-up my activity on there, do people ever ask for introductions on Linkedin etc? I've never done any of that, even though I am well-connected on there. I wonder if I should ask for intros to some other employees at the company through the people I'm already connected to?

I never bothered with LinkedIn until I spoke to my recruitment team and they said it's their main point for advertising jobs.

Since then I've created a profile and most of my job interviews has come via LinkedIn.

Back
Top Bottom