Aprilia owners (winners) in here

Associate
I've been away a month or so and it seems everyone has purchased Aprilia's. We can all get bulk discount on the RAC membership :D

unKle - how you finding yours? Couldn't find your post about it.

Seeing as there is a few of us around now, it might be good to keep all our Aprilia discussion in here.

I'll start, i've had my RSV4 Factory since new, it's a late 2014 bike with 8,000 miles on now.

Here are a couple of pictures:

A vid spanking it around the 'Ring

Man of Honour
My 3 month old Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory that cost less than £10k :D

2016-10-12%2016.09.33.jpg

Associate
OP
Lovely bikes.

@TellPaul_S - My old man has a Gen2 Tuono, he loves it. He has the Aprilia Performance big bore kit on it. I rode it, and it feels great, bags of torque. :)

Soldato
Yeah the big bore's are meant to be great, 1060cc, 140bhp at the wheel I think.

Mine has enough torque for now :) Only had the front come up once so far in 750 miles, 1st gear pulling out of a junction, it went back down pretty quickly! :eek: :D

Associate
I've been away a month or so and it seems everyone has purchased Aprilia's. We can all get bulk discount on the RAC membership :D

unKle - how you finding yours? Couldn't find your post about it.

2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory - brand spankers :) (owned it 4 months)

Yeh I love it. The looks, noise, feel. It's not been without minor issues mind. Fuel consumption isn't great commuting and the reserve is rubbish. Filling it with petrol is a joke. Town manners could be better. Minor gripes though.

Overall it's a superb bike, the APRC is very very good, traction control is unobtrusive, love being able to adjust it on the fly.

Oh and that noise.. Hnnng :D

IMG_20161003_132327_zpspntk6eot.jpg

Associate
OP
Stunning.

Not sure what the Tuono is like, but the RSV4 has crazy tall gearing, I dropped one tooth on the front and it's helped with town riding so much, no longer slipping the clutch below 30mph.

Any plans for an exhaust? Mind you even the standard one is pretty good.

So which bike gave way for the Tuono? was it the SuperDuke?

I'm having some trouble with mine at the minute, it has an oil leak :( it's in for work at the minute. I was tempted to put an order down for the new R1M today as the ordering system just opened, but i couldn't bring myself to lose the RSV4, it's just stunning. Let's just hope they sort my issues.

Soldato
They dropped a tooth on the front on the 1100, 15 vs 16. Seems to be a common thing for them to be high geared, mine is on 15/42 (from 16/40 standard) and it's actually OK at slow speeds and cruises at 80-85 or 70-75mph nicely.

You not tempted by the 2017 RSV4 RF? Top of the line Ohlins, cruise control, autoblipper, LCD dash...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You not tempted by the 2017 RSV4 RF? Top of the line Ohlins, cruise control, autoblipper, LCD dash...

Yup - will have a look at the NEC show. It seems a vastly improved bike for sure, not keen on the green in the paint scheme though. I think the 2016 RF is a better looking bike.

A lot of it is depending on how they sort my current issues.

Associate
No plans for exhaust. I was tempted to go down the Austin Racing GP1R route, but researching it, it's not recommended to run a slip on without the Race ECU installed. The can is £900 and ecu plus installation £500...ouch. No doubt you can stick an exhaust on without the ecu and have no troubles but it's a new bike under warranty, can't risk it.

I've got the Healtech exhaust servo eliminator installed and that makes the stock system a bit more fruity. To be honest the stock exhaust is one of the better looking ones so that helps.

The SuperDuke had to go regrettably. Didn't want to let it go but I don't like having similar bikes. The S1000RR is still king mind ;)

What's going on with yours? Didn't know you was having problems with it?

Associate
OP
If it helps I am running the Akra slip on with decat on the standard ecu and it runs fine and has lots of pops and flames on overrun :D Its even in for warranty work at the minute and they don't seem to care.

I will be getting the Race ECU over winter hopefully.

It has an oil leak at the rear cylinder head.. pretty common problem. They replaced the gasket but now it's coming out the spark plug galley... waiting for an update.

Man of Honour
Just seen Kreeeee's purchase.

**** you Kreeeee.

Love you long time too!

I got a great deal on a 3 month old bike, and the new 2017 colour scheme looks pants. Just missing the auto blipper and cruise control, neither of which are worth paying 6k more for.

Back
Top Bottom